- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Regional Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Advisories by Public Health Agency (Consumer Products Division) and the development of policies and programs as it relates to the safety of toys and food imported from foreign countries.
- Canadian retailers presently have a voluntary code related to ethical sourcing of goods and products from foreign countries. We have an ongoing dialogue with government to ensure that no regulations or legislation are introduced in this area of concern.
- Policy and programs related to the Environmental objectives of Wal-Mart. In particular, bringing to the attention of government officials the most environmentally-friendly food distribution centre in North America that has just been built in Balzac Alberta
- The Finance Canada federal budget process as it relates to policies of Sales Tax Harmonization with the provinces.
- The Maritime and Ports Policy as it relates to support for The Atlantic Gateway projects that allow for the importation of goods from Asia through the Suez rather than across the Pacific Ocean.
As well, the Atlantic Gateway Strategy as it relates to keeping this vital trade and transportation system at the forefront of existing and emerging global commerce opportunities for Canada.
- Working with government to find ways to keep the Western Canadian ports operating without work stoppages.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Finance Canada (FIN)
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
Health Canada (HC)
Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)
Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC)
Members of the House of Commons
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Revenue Canada (RC)
Senate of Canada
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1940 Argentia Road
Mississauga, ON L5N 1P9
Principal representative of the client
Andrew Pelletier, Sr. VP Corporate Affairs
Parent Company Information
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
702 S.W. 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72716-8095
United States of America
Coalition Members Information
WAL-MART CANADA INC. is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of WAL-MART CANADA INC. are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
WAL-MART CANADA INC. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
OTTAWA, ON K1P 1A4
Consultant Firm and Address
Suite 820, 45 O'Connor Street
OTTAWA, ON K1P 1A4