- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Regional Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Advisories by Public Health Agency (Consumer Products Division) and the development of policies and programs as it relates to the safety of toys and food imported from foreign countries.
- Increase awareness of Walmart's commitment to ethical sourcing, and more specifically global supply chains that empower the people who work in them, and the families that are supported by them.
- Monitor development of legislation to regulate the payments industry in Canada including C-236, An Act to amend the Payment Card Networks Act
- Monitor implementation of Payment Card Networks Act with regard to debit and credit cards.
- Policy and programs related to the Environmental objectives of Wal-Mart. In particular, bringing to the attention of government officials the most environmentally-friendly food distribution centre in North America that has just been built in Balzac Alberta
- The Finance Canada federal budget process as it relates to policies of Sales Tax Harmonization with the provinces.
- Labeling regulations for food products regarding the importation of products that replace shortages caused by scarcity in Canadian supply chains during COVID-19 pandemic.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1940 Argentia Road
Mississauga, ON L5N 1P9
Rob Nicol, Vice President, Corporate Affairs
Parent Company Information
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
702 S.W. 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72716-8095
United States of America
Coalition Members Information
WAL-MART CANADA INC. is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of WAL-MART CANADA INC. are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
WAL-MART CANADA INC. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
Suite 150, 8960 University High Street
Burnaby, BC V5A 4Y6
Consultant Firm and Address
Suite 820, 45 O'Connor Street
OTTAWA, ON K1P 1A4