Registration - In-house Organization
Canadian Snowbird Association / Association Canadienne Des Snowbirds / Michael Mackenzie, Executive Director
Total Number of Communication Reports: 8
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 23 of 23 (2020-01-16 to present)
- Consumer Issues
- Financial Institutions
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act with respect to access of members to registry of other members and provision of member list extract as it relates to Privacy and Access to Information.
- Election Act with respect to improving the process for travellers to vote in Federal Elections by absentee ballot. This would fall under the Justice and Law Enforcement subject matter category.
- National Pharmaceuticals Strategy and amendments to the Canada Health Act with respect to prescription drug coverage for travellers. Related to the "health" subject matter.
- Portability criterion of the Canada Health Act (section 11) with respect to insured health services for Canadian residents who are temporarily absent from their home province or territory. Applies to "health" subject matter.
- The Canada Health Act with respect to minimum residency requirements required for eligibility for insured health care services. This would fall under the "health" subject matter.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Income Tax Act with respect to tax deductibility of medical expenses.
Policies or Program
- Annual benefits with respect to the Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Availability of Government Information Policy and improving on-line information regarding absentee voting processes between elections with respect to science and technology.
- Improving online information regarding availability of T1 income tax forms.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Elections Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Senate of Canada
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The Canadian Snowbird Association is a national not-for-profit advocacy organization. It is dedicated to actively defending and improving the rights and privileges of Canadian travellers.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Michael Mackenzie, Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membershipThe Canadian Snowbird Association is comprised of more than 100,000 Canadians, mainly seniors and retirees who travel outside Canada, for up to six months of the year.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
180 Lesmill Road
Toronto, ON M3B 2T5
Fax number: 416-441-7007
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Karen Huestis, President | No public offices held
- Michael MacKenzie, Executive Director | No public offices held
- Bob Slack, Immediate Past President | No public offices held