- Aboriginal Affairs
- International Trade
- Softwood Lumber Agreement - joint social event with BC provincial, USTR & DoC reps in Prince George including sawmill tour
- Taxation and Finance
Subject matters added through a monthly communication report
- Budget Consultations
- Workshare program
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Federal funding for iniatives relating to the Mountain Pine Beetle Epidemic in BC.
- Funding for the Debris Management Board through the following federal departments: (DFO, Transport Canada, Vancouver Port Authority and Fraser Port Authority); provincially through: (Ministries of Environment, Transportation, Forests & Range, Agriculture and Land, Public Safety & BC Ferries).
- Meeting with MP Jay Hill, MP Dick Harris re: Resources Association signing Ceremony (5 year $1.5 million contribution by NR Can Programs)
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Funding through Canada Wood with respect to market access and infrastructure.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Amendments to the federal Fisheries Act with respect to federal government's application of all species of fish thereby affecting creeks and rivers which impact alterations (ie. road construction) and may have logging impacts on member abilities to carry out logging and forest activities.
- Species at Risk Act with regard to implications to forest sector and impacts on provincial policy and what may become provincial legislation and direct impacts to forest operation costs, land base issues and subsequent penalties.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Environment - clean air regulatory agenda, Canadian Environmental Protection Act, Climate Change with respect to the implications for provincial government policies and regulations, the impacts on members and cost and effectiveness of requirements.
Policies or Program
- Economic Status of Industry with regard to ongoing competitiveness of BC interior forest industry and potential government financial assistance.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Transportation: Regulations and policy relating to railway issues.
Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
Forestry Innvoation Investment
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Transport Canada (TC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Industry association of interior BC forest products companies engaged in advocacy and marketing activities.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
President & Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membership
COFI is composed of BC forest products companies.
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Government of British Columbia
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
In-house Organization Contact Information
1501-700 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 1G8
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- John Allan,
President & CEO |
No public offices held