- International Trade
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Allocation of Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP) funds to support mycotoxin research conducted by the Canada Grains Council.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Modernization of the Food and Drugs Act and Regulations and consequential amendments to the Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act and statutes under the authority of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- Proposed legislation to amend the Canadian Wheat Board Act and/or CWB Regulations and/or amend the marketing mandate of the Canadian Wheat Board.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Adoption of maximum limits for mycotoxins in cereal grains and processed grain-based foods in either the Food and Drug Regulations or the Canada Grain Regulations or related guidelines.
Policies or Program
- Allocation of additional human and financial resources to new and ongoing mycotoxin research in AAFC Research Branch and the Canadian Grain Commission Grain Research Laboratory.
- Environmental Assessment Regulations --Inclusion of Products of Grain Milling in the Domestic Substances List Pursuant to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) 1999. Environmental assessment of food additives permitted for use in milled grain products and bakery mixes.
- Government of Canada regulatory response to implementation of the U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Implementation of the Ozone Depleting Substances Regulations pursuant to CEPA as they apply to the issuance of permits for the importation and use of methyl bromide, a regulated, ozone-depleting substance
- Mandatory enrichment of wheat flour as per Food and Drug Regulations and the related compliance and enforcement activity of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Proposed Amendments to the Food and Drug Regulations -- health claims, compositional standards, food additives and labelling requirements as they pertain to whole grains and products of grain milling.
- Proposed Amendments to the federal Occupational Health and Safety Regulations pursuant to Part II Canada Labour Code.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Canadian Grain Commission (CGC)
Canadian Wheat Board (CWB)
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)
Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
200-265 Carling Avenue
Ottawa, ON K1S 2E1
Derek Jamieson, Chairman
Parent Company Information
Canadian National Millers Association / Association canadienne des minoteries de farine de blé (CNMA). is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian National Millers Association / Association canadienne des minoteries de farine de blé (CNMA). is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian National Millers Association / Association canadienne des minoteries de farine de blé (CNMA). are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian National Millers Association / Association canadienne des minoteries de farine de blé (CNMA). does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
200-265 Carling Avenue
OTTAWA, ON K1S 2E1
Consultant Firm and Address
Government Policy Research Associates
303-236 Metcalfe Street
OTTAWA, ON K2P 1R3