- Consumer Issues
- International Trade
- Research and Development
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Application for research and development funding assistance from the Canada Agricultural Partnership - Agri-Science Program.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill S-228 Child Health Protection Act -- proposed prohibitions on advertising of foods
- Modernization and proposed amendments to Section 4 of the Food and Drugs Act and consequential amendments to the Food and Drug Regulations.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Adoption of maximum limits for mycotoxins in cereal grains and processed grain-based foods in either the Food and Drug Regulations and/or the Canada Grain Regulations and related guidelines.
Policies or Program
- Allocation of additional human and financial resources to new and ongoing mycotoxin research in AAFC Research Branch and the Canadian Grain Commission Grain Research Laboratory.
- Amendment of and additions to the Maximum Residue Limit Database of the Pest Management Regulatory Agency.
- Establishment of maximum limits for contaminants in foods pursuant to the Food and Drug Regulations.
- Government of Canada regulatory response to implementation of the U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act, areas of Canada/US food regulatory cooperation under the Canada/US Regulatory Cooperation Council initiative.
- Implementation, interpretation (guidance documents),compliance monitoring and enforcement of the Safe Food for Canadians Act and Regulations in alignment with the Food and Drugs Act and Regulations sections and provisions as they apply to food.
- Mandatory enrichment of wheat flour and semolina as per Food and Drug Regulations and the related compliance and enforcement activity of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- Proposed Amendments to the Food and Drug Regulations -- compositional standards/standards of identity, food additive uses and allergen labelling requirements as they pertain to products of grain milling.
- Review of product registrations of stored product pest control products pursuant to the Pest Control Products Act and Regulations.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Canadian Grain Commission (CGC)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
Ottawa, ON K2P 1R3
Kevin Like, Chairman
Parent Company Information
Canadian National Millers Association / Association canadienne des minoteries de farine de blé (CNMA). is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian National Millers Association / Association canadienne des minoteries de farine de blé (CNMA). is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian National Millers Association / Association canadienne des minoteries de farine de blé (CNMA). are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian National Millers Association / Association canadienne des minoteries de farine de blé (CNMA). does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
200-265 Carling Avenue
OTTAWA, ON K1S 2E1
Consultant Firm and Address
GPRA Government Policy Research Associates Inc.
303-236 Metcalfe Street
OTTAWA, ON K2P 1R3