- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- International Relations
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Grants or contributions for the provision of technical assistance in the design and deployment of new respiratory health safety training programs.
- Grants or contributions in respect of the development and implementation of international programs for tuberculosis control, managing the interaction between tuberculosis and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and training in respiratory disease prevention and management.
- Obtain increased funding for research into lung disease from the Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health under the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, with a special focus on funding for clinical and translational research.
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Air Quality Management System (AQMS) in respect of provision of government per diems or other subsidies to support the ongoing involvement of NGOs in the further development of the AQMS.
- Health Canada's tobacco control program, including sustaining government funding levels, and implementation of effective programs and policies
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Amendments to the Canada Transportation Act with respect to controlling the carriage of pets in airplane passenger cabins to protect the health and safety of individuals with chronic lung disease.
- Amendments to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act in respect of developing a nation-wide Air Quality Management System for Canada to improve air quality.
- Amendments to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act with respect to increasing federal environmental enforcement powers to ensure better air quality.
- Amendments to the Income Tax Act with regards to tax treatment, advocacy, reporting and accountability requirement provisions for registered Charities,
- Amendments to the List of Toxic Substances in Schedule 1 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999) with regards to air pollutants.
- Amendments to the Tobacco Act with respect to increasing tobacco taxation and penalties for contraband cigarettes.
- Indoor air quality with respect to Income Tax Act for a radon mitigation rebate
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Hazardous Products Act, as it relates to the domestic use of asbestos
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Regulations and/or amendments under the Tobacco Act to further extend the ban on flavoured tobacco products to include all flavours and all tobacco products, extend enhanced warning labels to all tobacco products, and control new forms of smoking and nicotine consumption, including water-pipes and e-cigarettes.
Policies or Program
- Air Quality Health Index with respect to ensuring the Index is active in every province and major community across Canada.
- Air Quality Management System (AQMS) in respect of approval for the final development and implementation of the proposed system with full involvement of stakeholders.
- Air quality management with respect to ensuring adequate funding for programs in Environment and Health Canada that support ongoing improvements in air quality, in particular the development and implementation of the proposed Air Quality Management System.
- Canadian Tuberculosis Committee for Canadian strategies and priorities with respect to tuberculosis prevention and control.
- Chemicals Management Plan with respect to ensuring ongoing, adequate funding for the program to achieve reductions in outdoor and indoor toxic air pollutants.
- Drug cost relief for Canadians with respect to a new national program for catastrophic drug cost coverage.
- Indoor air quality with respect to the development and implementation of programs to ensure improved indoor air quality in First Nations communities.
- Smoking cessation support with respect to ensuring funding for programs to reduce smoking rates in First Nations communities.
- The Canadian Pandemic Influenza Plan in respect of the vaccination of Canadians and awareness for COPD and asthma patients.
- Tuberculosis prevention and control in respect of Canada's international aid programs.
- Tuberculosis prevention and control in respect of enhanced programs for First Nations peoples and New Canadians.
- Work-related lung health threats with respect to new training programs in respiratory health safety.
- Amendments to the Canada Wide Standard (CWS) for particulate matter and ozone pertaining to wood-burning stoves.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Foundation for Innovation
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA)
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Service Labour Relations Board (PSLRB)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Senate of Canada
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
ESTABLISHED IN 1900, THE CANADIAN LUNG ASSOCIATION IS ONE OF CANADA'S OLDEST AND MOST RESPECTED HEALTH CHARITIES. THE LUNG ASSOCIATION IS A LEADER IN LUNG HEALTH PROVIDING EDUCATION; SUPPORT PROGRAMS; FUNDING FOR RESEARCH AND ADVOCACY IN THE AREAS OF: ASTHMA, CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE, INFECTIOUS DISEASES SUCH AS INFLUENZA AND TUBERCULOSIS, ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS ON LUNG HEALTH (AIR QUALITY ISSUES), TOBACCO PREVENTION AND CESSATION, LUNG CANCER AND SLEEP APNEA.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
President and Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membership
MEMBERSHIP CONSISTS OF OUR 10 PROVINCIAL LUNG ASSOCIATIONS. AFFILIATES INCLUDE THE CANADIAN THORACIC SOCIETY AND CANADIAN RESPIRATORY HEALTH PROFESSIONALS.
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
In-house Organization Contact Information
300 - 1750 Courtwood Crescent
Ottawa, ON K2C 2B5
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Terrance Dean,
President and CEO |
No public offices held
- Amy Henderson,
Manager, Policy Development and Health Communications |
No public offices held