- Economic Development
- International Trade
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Increase A-base funding for public research for the grains, oilseeds and pulse sectors within AAFC existing budget and to increase the global AAFC budget.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Budget proposal regarding Cash Ticket Deferrals.
- Specifically around Bill C-68, an Act to amend the Fisheries Act and its impact on grain producers.
- Tax Code, Income Tax Act, specifically proposed changes to Tax Planning Using Private Corporations.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Canada Labour Code, and regulations specifically related to grain handling and transportation.
- Income Tax Act and specifically taxation related to agriculture and value-added agricultural processing.
- Seeds Act, more specifically existing and proposed regulations from CFIA and AAFC on Plant Novel Traits, Weed Seed Orders and Genetically Modified Organisms.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, specifically around the movement and storage of crop inputs and farm machinery.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Details on the implementation of Bill S-228
- Grain Transportation Act, specifically on the transportation of cereal, oilseed and pulse crops.
Policies or Program
- Agricultural trade negotiations, including the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Canada-EU Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), Canada-India, and proposed bi-lateral with China, with respect to more export market opportunities for grain farmers.
- Creation of new rural development programs, with a specific focus on research and value adding to the cereal, oilseeds and pulse sectors.
- National Farm Stewardship Program and more specifically costs of administration to be borne by farmers.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Biofuels and the regulations related to biofuels including the % content required in Cdn fuels, feed stocks, and the incentive programs in place for expansion.
- Health Canada - Food and Drug Regulations as they relate to mandatory nutrition labeling, health claims involving cereal grains, oilseeds and pulse crops, Genetically Modified food labeling.
- On Farm Food Safety and more specifically the design, costs and enforcement as it relates directly to farmers.
- Pesticide Management Review Agency regulations in regards to Minor Use Pesticide Program including new pesticides, minor uses and amended labelling for usage.
- Pesticide Management Review Agency regulations in regards to the Own Use Import and the Grower Requested Own Use programs.
- Regulations in regards to Environmental Farm Planning, more specifically the design, costs and implementation fo the farm planning
- The Smart Regulation initiative as it relates to crop registration, agriculture, crop input registrations and health claims for human or animal consumption.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Canadian Grain Commission (CGC)
Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Competition Tribunal (CT)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Farm Products Council of Canada (FPCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
National Defence (DND)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Senate of Canada
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Further the interests of Canadian grain, oilseed, and pulse producers
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
We are made up of farm organizations, as follows: Alberta Barley Commission; Alberta Wheat Commission; Alberta Pulse Growers; Atlantic Grains Council; BC Grain Producers Association; Canadian Canola Growers Association; Manitoba Corn Growers Association; Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers; Prairie Oat Growers Association; Western Barley Growers Association; Western Canadian Wheat Growers Association, Grain Farmers of Ontario, Producteurs de Grains du Quebec and Saskatchewan Pulse Growers.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
350 Sparks Street
Ottawa, ON K1R 7S8
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Lindsey Ehman,
Manager, Communications and Stakeholder Relations |
Public offices held
- Erin Gowriluk,
Executive Director |
No public offices held
- Suzanne Sabourin,
Manager, Policy and Government Relations |
Public offices held