- Consumer Issues
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- BILL S-214: An Act to amend the Food and Drugs Act (Cruelty-Free Cosmetics)
- CONSUMER SAFETY ACTION PLAN: Interest in the development of legislation and regulation as part of the Government of Canada's Consumer Safety Action Plan as they relate to personal care products.
- FOOD AND DRUGS ACT: Interest in portions of the Food and Drugs Act that relate to personal care products.
- USER FEES ACT (COST RECOVERY FOR DRUGS): Interest in user fees that pertain to personal care products.
Policies or Program
- CHEMICALS MANAGEMENT PLAN: Substance assessments and risk management planning relating to personal care product ingredients of interest to our industry.
- MADE IN CANADA/PRODUCT OF CANADA claims provisions and enforcement guidelines
- NEW NANOMATERIAL POLICIES: Interest in the development of policies and programs that could potentially affect personal care product ingredients.
- SELF-CARE PRODUCT FRAMEWORK (Under Development): Development of a new framework or cosmetics, non-presciption drugs and natural health products
Policies or Program, Regulation
- CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS INFORMATION: Openness and Transparency initiatives
- COSMETIC REGULATIONS: Interest in the Modernization of the Cosmetic Regulations and the development of guidelines relating to them as they relate to the manufacture, packaging, labelling, advertising, sale and importation of cosmetic products.
- FOOD AND DRUG REGULATIONS: Interest in the Food and Drug Regulations as they relate to personal care products.
- NATURAL HEALTH PRODUCT REGULATIONS: Interest in aspects of the Natural Health Product Regulations as they relate to cosmetic-like natural health products.
- NEW ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT REGULATIONS (UNDER DEVELOPMENT): Interest in the development of environmental assessment regulations for substances in products registered under the Food and Drugs Act.
- NEW SUBSTANCE NOTIFICATION REGULATIONS: Interest in the development of regulatory notices and corresponding policy considerations regarding the management and assessment of new substances of interest to our industry.
- NEW VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS REGULATIONS (UNDER DEVELOPMENT): Interest in the development of new volatile organic compound for certain products regulations.
Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
REPRESENTING THE INTERESTS OF THE PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS INDUSTRY (COSMETICS, COSMETIC-LIKE DRUGS AND COSMETIC-LIKE NATURAL HEALTH PRODUCTS).
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
President and CEO
Organization's membership or classes of membership
FOUR CLASSES OF MEMBERSHIP: BRAND MEMBERS, CUSTOM MANUFACTURERS, ASSOCIATE MEMBERS (SUPPLIERS OF GOODS OR SERVICES), RETAIL MEMBERS.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
102 - 420 BRITANNIA ROAD EAST,
MISSISSAUGA, ON L4Z 3L5
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Beta Montemayor,
Director, Science, Regulation & Market Access |
No public offices held
- Richard Parcels,
Assistant Director, Regulation & Market Access |
No public offices held
- Darren Praznik,
President and CEO |
Public offices held