- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH), including Therapeutic Reviews and the Common Drug Review as it relates to reimbursement recommendations for decision-making process and framework.
- Federal Innovation agenda. Working with our Industry Associations (Innovative Medicines Canada and BIOTECanada) to ensure that innovative medicines, and our contribution to Research and Development in Canada are part of the consultation process in the development of this new innovation agenda.
- Federal Public Drug Plans, with respect to the reimbursement of drug products for the Federal plan beneficiaries
- NAFTA - Working with our Industry Associations, the renewal of the North American Free Trade Agreement, and impact on Intellectual Property
- Science and Technology Strategy, advocating for the development of a Biopharma sector in support of more research & development in Canada.
- Working with our Industry Associations (Innovative Medicines Canada and BIOTECanada) to provide industry recommendations to the Advisory Council on the implementation of Pharmacare which was announced in Budget 2018
Policies or Program, Regulation
- R&D requirements set forth through the Patent Medicines Pricing Review Board (PMPRB)
- Subsequent Entry Biologics (SEBs)/ Biosimilars: information regarding approval framework supported and protected by Regulations in harmonization with approaches taken by the European Union or the U.S. for instance.
- Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB) Regulations as related to reporting requirements and pricing guidelines.
- Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations as it relates to regulation of intellectual property for therapeutic products. Novartis is working with our industry associations (Innovative Medicines Canada and BIOTECanada) to provide a written response to Guideline consultation process and will also provide our own corporate submission.
- Proposed Regulation Changes to the Patent Medicines Pricing Review Board
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Marketing & distribution of pharmaceuticals products.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Country President & Oncology General Manager Canada
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
385 Bouchard Blvd.
Dorval, QC H9S 1A9
Parent Company Information
- Novartis Holding AG
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Christian Macher,
Country President & Oncology General Manager Canada |
No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties