- Constitutional Issues
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bank Act in respect of disclosure requirements for credit cards and other lending facilities and bank products
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada Act in respect of compliance and consumer protection
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Bank Act and regulations with respect to the five year financial system review and any other interim changes.
- Canadian Payments Association Act in respect of the five year financial system review.
- Cost of Borrowing (Authorized Foreign Banks) Regulations under the Bank Act in respect of disclosure requirements for credit cards and other lending facilities.
- Electronic Documents (Banks and Bank Holding Companies) Regulations under the Bank Act in respect of electronic disclosure requirements.
- OSFI Act and regulations with respect to regulatory compliance.
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) in respect of privacy breaches and the collection, use & disclosure of personal information.
- Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act with respect to regulatory requirements for financial institutions.
Policies or Program
- Financial services policy and regulatory framework in respect of interchange rates, fees, electronic payments, credit and debit
- Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Guidelines regarding outsourcing of business activities, functions and processes
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Bank of Canada
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)
Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada (OSFI)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Senate of Canada
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
161 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5J 2S1
Principal representative of the client
Andrea Cotroneo, VP, General Counsel Canada
Parent Company Information
- Capital One Financial Corporation
1680 Capital One Drive
McLean, VA 22102
United States of America
Coalition Members Information
Capital One Bank (Canada Branch) is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Capital One Bank (Canada Branch) are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Capital One Bank (Canada Branch) does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
Temple Scott Associates
5th floor, 190 O'Connor Street
OTTAWA, ON K2P 2R3
Consultant Firm and Address
Temple Scott Associates Inc.
190 O'Connor Street
OTTAWA, ON K2P 2R3