Registration - In-house Organization
Campaign Life Coalition / Jim Hughes, National President
Total Number of Communication Reports: 4
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 8 of 9 (2012-11-16 to 2013-03-18)
- Financial Institutions
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Euthanasia - Campaign Life Coalition is working to stop any new attempt to introduce a Bill on Euthanasia. Our position is that no human life can ever be ended intentionally by another person.
- abortion - Campaign Life Coalition lobbies MPs (Members of Parliament) and strives to educate them on the pro-life position that all human life is sacred. Our goal is to have legislation enacted which will protect all human life from conception until natural death.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- electronic (email)
- Canadian Human Rights Tribunal (CHRT)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Health Canada (HC)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- Members of the House of Commons
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Senate of Canada
- Statistics Canada
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- House of Commons
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Lobbying of members of Parliament on life issues including but not limited to abortion, euthanasia, same-sex marriage, human rights, reproductive technologies, medical ethics, women's rights. Setting up meetings with MPs to educate them on the pro-life position. The ultimate goal is to have pro-life legislation enacted which will provide protection in canadian law for all human life fron conception to natural death. As part of these goals monthly meetings of pro-life MPs are co-ordinated. Surveying candidates during municipal, provincial and federal elections to determine their position on life issues but not limited to abortion and euthanasia and then provide their responses to our supporters. Organize the National March for Life each May in Ottawa which is a pro-life rally on Parlaiment Hill. Organize Life Chain each October which is a pro-life witness across Canada where people stand quietly for one hour at intersections holding pro-life signs.The span of issues as they pertain to life,family health etc.,cover aspects of the departments listed above in varying degrees and depend on the legislation being proposed.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Jim Hughes, National President
Organization's membership or classes of membershipCampaign Life Coalition has no membership fees but is made up of people who have indicated interest in the issues, who might or might not donate. Monthly pro-life newsletters are sent out to people on our mailing list. They are asked to donate what they can in order that we may have funds to continue our lobbying efforts. We do not have charitable tax status so we cannot issue tax receipts but issue thank you letters.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
300-104 Bond Street
Toronto, ON M5B 1X9
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Johanne Brownrigg, Public Affairs Officer | No public offices held
- PAUL LAUZON, Public Affairs Officer | No public offices held