- Aboriginal Affairs
- Employment and Training
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Advocating on behalf of ARC Nuclear Canada Inc. to receive funding from the Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF) to assist them in building small modular nuclear reactors in Canada.
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Advocating for increased funding to the apprenticeship incentive grant and completion grant and the creation of training centre fund.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Discussion around the Public Service Superannuation Act
(P.C. 2014-900 July 31, 2014) and the impact on the management of the Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (Chalk River) and impact and future of the pension plan for the employees of Chalk River
- Federal Budget - with respect to infrastructure funding, tax incentives for skilled labour and funding for union training centres.
Policies or Program
- Amendments to the Red Seal Program with respect to criteria of certification
- Conversations around government supports for infrastructure projects to stimulate the economy as part of a post COVID-19 a recovery plan.
- Conversations around government supports for workers and the members we represent as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Foreign Workers Program - with respect to Foreign Credentials and Temporary Workers
- Pipeline projects - discussing benefits of these projects on Canada's economy and employment
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Intergovernmental Affairs Secretariat (IGA)
National Defence (DND)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Senate of Canada
Service Canada (ServCan)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The International Union of Operating Engineers is a progressive and diversified trade uion that primarily represents operating engineers, who work as heavy equipment operators, mechanics, and surveyors in the construction industry and stationary engineers who work in operations and maintenance in buldings and industrial complexes and variety of other occupations in the service industries.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
Local unions through out Canada consisting of operating engineers, stationary engineers, and occupations in other service industries. The local unions are divided into three broad categories: Hoisting and Portable (H&P) Locals, Stationary Engineer Locals and Mixed Locals (Both operating and stationary engineers).
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
1125 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
United States of America
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Steven Schumann,
Canadian Government Affairs Director |
No public offices held