Registration - In-house Corporation
Sandoz Canada Inc. / Michel Robidoux, President & Chief Executive Officer
Version 17 of 17 (2019-11-17 to present)
- Consumer Issues
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Innovation, Science & Economic Development Canada regarding export provisions of the Patent Act (pharmaceuticals).
- Innovation, Science & Economic Development, with respect to the Patent Act as it pertains to pharmaceuticals.
- Provide input into the Government of Canada's negotiations regarding the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) and re-negotiation of NAFTA with respect to pharmaceuticals, counterfeit medicines, border measures and intellectual property.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Health Canada regarding the Cannabis Act (C-45) and its Regulations for medicinal cannabis
Policies or Program
- Health Canada regarding the development and implementation of an approval pathway for Biosimilars as well as pricing policies.
- Health Canada regarding the need for appropriate, dedicated resources for the Therapeutic Products Directorate to meet performance targets for the review of generic drug submissions.
- Health Canada, Innovation, Science & Economic Development Canada and International Trade Canada regarding effective measures to combat counterfeit drugs in Canada and around the world.
- Provide input into Government of Canada's Science and Technology strategy regarding the need for a balanced Intellectual Property regime and the important role competition plays in encouraging innovation.
- As a member company, participation in the Canadian Generic Pharmaceutical Association's legal challenge of the 2006 Amendments to Health Canada's Food and Drug Regulations with respect to the extended period of data exclusivity, as well as further proposed amendments to these regulations.
- Health Canada regarding regulation about Requirement for reporting of drug shortages.
- Innovation, Science & Economic Development Canada regarding the need to restore balance to the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations with respect to pharmaceuticals and address operational concerns including: lack of finality to proceedings under the Regulations and lack of disincentives to discourage abuse of the Regulations.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Competition Tribunal (CT)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Senate of Canada
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Sandoz, a division of the Novartis group, is a global leader in the field of generic pharmaceuticals and has a portfolio of more than 600 molecules in over 4,000 Stock Keeping Units in various concentrations, formats and delivery systems. Sandoz products are sold in more than 110 countries worldwide. Sandoz Canada Inc. is one of the very few sites amongst the Sandoz group that combines product development, manufacturing, commercialization and distribution, specializing in the development and manufacture of sterile injectables and ophthalmics. The company currently employs over 700 employees.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Michel Robidoux, President & Chief Executive Officer
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
110 rue de Lauzon
Boucherville, QC J4B 1E6
Fax number: 450-641-8615
Parent Company Information
- Novartis Pharma Canada Inc.
385 Bouchard Boulevard
Dorval, QC H9S 1A9
- 385 Bouchard Boulevard
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Sandoz Canada Inc. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Vincenzo Ciampi, Executive Director, Innovation and Strategic Projects | No public offices held
- Leonor Ferreira, Director, Market Access | No public offices held
- Marc-André Huot, Directeur des brevets | No public offices held
- Carmen Pedro, Director, Market Access Biosimilars | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Christian Ouellet, Directeur des affaires gouvernementales | No public offices held