- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canada Shipping Act with respect to Adoption of MARPOL Annex VI Revisions (International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships) Introduction of the Emission Control Area off the East and West Coasts of Canada - study of fuel availability.
Policies or Program
- Asia-Pacific Gateway development with respect to the review of Canadian Coast Guard user fees.
- Canadian Coast Guard development of a national e-navigation program
- Pacific North Coast Integrated Management Area (PNCIMA) as sponsored by Fisheries and Oceans Canada through Canada's Oceans Action Plan (OAP) of 2005. We are currently reviewing the draft report with respect to the recommendations to be made to the Minister.
- Reduction of Greenhouse Gases from marine vessels under the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
- The marine industry seeks to engage in the review of Transport Canada service levels and user fees in accordance with the User Fees Act.
- Implementation of the Emission Control Area and the required amendments to the Vessel Pollution and Dangerous Chemicals Regulations.
- Review of Ship Source Pollution Levels of Liability with respect to examining whether they meet the intended purpose.
- Review of the effectiveness of Canada's Oil Spill Response organization with respect to capacity to respond to a spill of diluted bitumen cargo.
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
Grain Transportation Agency (GTA)
Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Public Service Labour Relations Board (PSLRB)
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
To provide a coordinated forum to promote the growth and development of the Marine Community with regard to socio-economic, safety and other pertinent issues.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
The Western Marine Community Coalition is a broad based coalition of organizations and individuals who share common perceptions of the essential needs for the well being of commercial and recreational maritime activity.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
100 - 1111 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2J3
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Stephen Brown,
Executive Director |
No public offices held