Registration - In-house Organization
Canadian Sheep Federation / Federation Canadienne du Mouton / Corlena Patterson, Executive Director
Total Number of Communication Reports: 33
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 13 of 13 (2019-08-16 to present)
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Canada's First Annual Global Sheep Conference - Request for financial support for the conference as well as support from foreign embassies in coordinating international delegates.
- Sheep Industry Health and Welfare Strategy - Support for Phase I of a multi-phase, multi-faceted strategy for managing sheep health and welfare in Canada.
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Animal Identification and Traceability - Obtain funding for an Radio Frequency Identification pilot project for the Canadian lamb indusry
- Scrapie eradication - requesting funding for scrapie surveillance and long-term eradication
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill C-274, Ending unfair taxation on family business transfers
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Environment and climate change, with respect to agricultural sustainability.
- Safe Food For Canadians Act Animal ID and Traceability Consultations with respect to content of draft regulations.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The Canadian Sheep Federation (CSF) is a national non-profit organization that represents all Canadian sheep producers. Established in 1990, the primary responsibility of the organization is to set national policy for the sheep industry. The mission of the CSF is to represent all producers in providing leadership aimed at cooperative work among all levels of government and industry-related organizations, both domestic and foreign, to further the viability, growth and prosperity of the Canadian sheep, wool and dairy industry. Working as an advocate for sheep producers and creating conditions for success, the CSF motivates a market-driven mindset and coordinates efforts for a greater collaboration and communication across all sectors of the value chain. The overall goal is increased value and long-term sustainability for everyone, and an industry that is recognized around the world as a competitive quality brand. The Canadian Sheep Federation delivers a number of industry programs to all Canadian producers including the Canadian Sheep Identification Program, Canadian Verified Sheep Program, Scrapie Flock Certification Program (for which the CSF is the Regional Administrator and Status Assessor for all of Canada). Additionally, the CSF serves as Regional Administrator and Status Assessor for the Chronic Wasting Disease Voluntary Herd Certification Program for cervid producers in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Corlena Patterson, Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membershipCanadian Sheep Federation membership includes Provincial Association Members, Affiliate Members and Associate Members. The Canadian Sheep Federation represents producers in all Canadian provinces and the Board consists of Directors from every province.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2018-08-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)||$69,207.00||Yes|
In-house Organization Contact Information
PO Box 10 Williamsburg PO
Williamsburg, ON K0C 2H0
Fax number: 613-652-1599
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Corlena Patterson, Executive Director | No public offices held