Registration - In-house Organization
Open Media Engagement Network / Laura Tribe, Executive Director
Version 16 of 16 (2018-05-22 to present)
- Consumer Issues
- International Trade
- Privacy and Access to Information
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Privacy and security implications of the Anti-Terrorism Act, 2015 (formerly known as Bill C-51), and the corresponding National Security Review and consultations. In particular, the desire for consultations to include multiple phases of public input, and full transparency in their results to ensure any new legislation reflects the public interest.
- Public consultation regarding the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) related to the consultation and our concerns regarding copyright policy and investor state rules that undermine our democracy.
Policies or Program
- Telecommunications policy issues and the public interest related to the importance of access rules and telecom investment that encourage increased wired and wireless choice for Canadians.
- Telecommunications regulation, with respect to Internet billing rules.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
OpenMedia is a national, non-partisan, non-profit organization working to advance and support an open and innovative communications system in Canada. Our primary goal is to increase public awareness and informed participation in Canadian media, cultural, information, and telecommunication policy formation.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Laura Tribe, Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membershipOpenMedia operates as a network of member organizations and people who have come together to advance fundamental democratic principles that we feel should guide media, telecommunication and cultural policy making in Canada.
End date of the last completed financial year: 2017-12-31
|Government Institution||Funding Received in Last Financial Year||Funding Expected in Current Financial Year|
|Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)||$10,000.00||No|
In-house Organization Contact Information
207 West Hastings Street Office 410
Vancouver, BC V6B 1H7
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Katelyn Anderson, Digital Rights Advocate | No public offices held
- Marie Aspiazu, Campaigner, Social Media Specialist | No public offices held
- Victoria Henry, Digital Rights Advocate | No public offices held
- Laura Tribe, Executive Director | No public offices held