- Economic Development
- International Trade
- National Security/Security
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Canada's policies and programs related to supporting foreign investment in Canada's Information Communications and Telecommunications (ICT) sector, including the Digital Canada 150 plan, and the Advantage Canada Science & Technology Strategy.
- Canada’s telecommunication policies and strategies related to spectrum allocation, and discussions related to overall international standardization efforts related to existing and future wireless technologies with international standards bodies such as the ITU and IEEE, including 5G technology. Also, industry and academic collaboration opportunities such as NSERC, and partnership work with the National Research Council.
- Meetings with Government in discussion of Huawei Canada current and long term investments and business objectives in Canada. Discussions of matters related to domestic and global security assurance practices.
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Huawei is a leader in providing next generation telecommunications networks, and now serves 45 of the world's top 50 operators including over one billion users worldwide. The company is committed to providing innovative and custom products, services and solutions to create long-term value and growth potential for customers. Huawei Canada serves the Canadian market with 200 employees at head - office in Markham, Ontario, and 80 employees at the R&D Centre in Ottawa. For more information, please visit www.huawei.com.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
19 Allstate Parkway, 4th Floor
Markham, ON L3R 5A4
Parent Company Information
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. (Ultimate Parent)
Bantian, Longgang District
- Huawei Technologies Cooperatief U.A.
Amsterdam Zuidoost 1101
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Scott Bradley,
VP Corporate and Government Affairs |
Public offices held
- Sean Yang,
No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
No lobbyists added