Registration - In-house Organization
Air Canada Pilots Association / Association des Pilotes d'Air Canada / Rob Giguere, Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Total Number of Communication Reports: 112
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 19 of 19 (2019-08-12 to present)
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Measures to improve the safety of commercial passenger flights in Canada, in particular with regards to flight duty time and flight crew fatigue management, laser pointers and drones.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Subjects related to the employment of pilots, in particular with respect to labour, pensions, immigration and temporary foreign workers.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Senate of Canada
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Representative of Air Canada mainline and rouge pilots to corporation, government and industry. On behalf of the Association, we will pursue and encourage regulatory reform on issues related to labour, aviation, flight safety, and employment. We will also provide our expertise on such subject matters as deemed appropriate by government agencies and departments.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Rob Giguere, Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Organization's membership or classes of membershipActive mainline and rouge pilots of Air Canada. The Air Canada Pilots Association is a recognized trade union on the Canada Labour Code and is made up of approximately 4,200 dues paying member/pilots.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
5935 Airport Road
Mississauga, ON L4V 1W5
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Rob Giguere, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) | No public offices held
- Kym Robertson, Senior Director, Communications & Government Affairs | No public offices held