- Consumer Issues
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Funding for poultry research through the growing Forward, Developing Innovative Agri-Products (DIAP).
- Funding for the development and implementation of on-farm programs through the Canadian Integrated Food Safety Initiative.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Customs Tariff Act, Section 1 and 4
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Health of Animals Act and Regulations dealing with the development and refinement of animal disease preparedness and response protocols.
- Health of Animals Act and Regulations dealing with the development and refinement of traceability requirements for chicken.
Policies or Program
- Agriculture 2020: Agriculture 2020 discussions concerning the implementation of future policies and programs.
- Antimicrobial registration process and guidelines for use in chicken production.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency On-Farm Food Safety Recognition Program with respect to the recognition of CFC's food safety program.
- Growing Forward discussions concerning the implementation of the program.
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) related to chicken products and the chicken sector.
- Regional and Bilateral Trade Negotiations with regard to possible impact on the Canadian chicken sector.
- The Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT) as it relates to supply management.
- The World Trade Organization agreement with regard to the Sanitary and Phyto-Sanitary Agreement (SPS) and further development of the SPS.
- World Trade Organization agreements (WTO) as they relate to the negotiations on agriculture.
- Canadian Poultry Import Regime with regard to the administration and allocation of the Tariff Rate Quota.
- Consumer Packaging and Labeling Regulations with respect to production claims on labels.
- Customs D Memoranda, D10-Tariff Classification/Commodities
- Food and Drug Regulations as they relate to the Medicated Feed Mixing program.
- Meat Inspection Regulations with respect to poultry processing.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Farm Products Council of Canada (FPCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
350 Sparks Street, Suite 1007
Ottawa, ON K1R 7S8
Michael Laliberte, Executive Director
Parent Company Information
Chicken Farmers of Canada / Les Producteurs de Poulet du Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Chicken Farmers of Canada / Les Producteurs de Poulet du Canada is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Chicken Farmers of Canada / Les Producteurs de Poulet du Canada are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Chicken Farmers of Canada / Les Producteurs de Poulet du Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
1610 - 50 rue O’Connor Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2
Consultant relationship to the client
- The registrant is on the board of directors for this organization.