Registration - Consultant
BC Dairy Association / Holger Schwichtenberg, Member of the board of directors and Member of the organization
Total Number of Communication Reports: 10
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 7 of 7 (2020-01-16 to present)
- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- International Trade
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Health - As per Canada's food guide, we encourage the public to consume milk to meet the daily dairy requirements of important vitamins and minerals. We seek for the inclusion of the latest scientific evidence about the nutritional value of dairy products within Canada's Healthy Eating Strategy on an on-going basis.
Policies or Program
- Environment - The dairy industry is interested in sustainable development, and participation in the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy (FSDS).
- International Trade - The dairy industry supports maintaining Canada's supply managed agricultural system. One of the main pillars for the success of supply management (on which the dairy industry in Canada is based) is import control. We have an active interest in developing global trade policies in addition to tariff and import legislation. When market concessions occur in trade agreements, including the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA), we seek federal government compensation. We ask that no domestic dairy market concessions are made in future trade agreements.
- Consumer Issues - The perceived quality and safety of Canadian dairy products versus that of imported goods is of paramount concern to the dairy industry. To this end, we have an interest in ensuring the integrity of the Product of Canada and Made in Canada logos by maintaining the current Canadian thresholds and continuing to transparently identify imported content on dairy products.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Canadian Dairy Commission (CDC)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Farm Credit Canada (FCC)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Senate of Canada
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
3236 Beta Ave
Burnaby, BC V5F 4K4
Web address: www.bcdairy.ca
Principal representative of the client
Christine Terpsma, Director of Communications and Producer Relations
Parent Company Information
BC Dairy Association is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
BC Dairy Association is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of BC Dairy Association are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
BC Dairy Association does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Holger Schwichtenberg | No public offices held
3236 Beta Ave
Burnaby, BC V5G 4K4
Fax number: 604-294-8199
Consultant relationship to the client
- The registrant is a member of this organization.
- The registrant is on the board of directors for this organization.