- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Small Business
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act with respect to the protection of the environment and human health to contribute to sustainable development
- Pest Control Products Act with regard to regulation of domestic and institutional pest control products
Policies or Program
- Cabinet Directive on Regulation regarding the expectations and requirements in the development, management and review of federal regulations.
- Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) policy with respect to the possible updating or withdrawal of efficacy testing for disinfectants
- Chemicals Management Plan regarding the review of substances, which may be used in consumer products.
- Competition Bureau Made in Canada/Product of Canada guidelines with respect to criteria
- Competition Bureau guidelines for environmental labelling and green claims with respect to criteria
- Government Cost Recovery and User Fee Programs with respect to the Pest Management Regulatory Agency for registered pest control products and the Health Products & Food Branch for hard surface disinfectants
- National Lyme Disease Strategy with respect to preventative measures.
- No-Objection Letter (NOL) process with respect to food establishments.
- Policy under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) with respect to the In Commerce List substances subject to CEPA
- Policy under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) with respect to the requirement for existing substances
- Policy under the Hazardous Materials Information Review Act with respect to the review of confidential business information and other administrative activities
- Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, in respect of regulations for labelling, incident reporting and compliance of consumer products.
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) with respect to nanotechnology and nanomaterials subject to the New Substances Notification Regulations.
- Controlled Drugs & Substances Regulation with regard to precursors
- Food and Drug Regulations with respect to the pre-market authority for the sale of disinfectant products and post-market reporting.
- Hazardous Products Regulations regarding interpretation and technical amendments to the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Proposed VOC (volatile organic compound) Regulations regarding VOC content in consumer products
- Red Tape Reduction Act Regulations with respect to controlling the administrative burden that regulations impose on business with respect to all government regulation
- Regulation under the Financial Administration Act with respect to cost recovery
- Regulations Amending the Ozone-depleting Substances and Halocarbon Alternatives Regulations (the Proposed HFC Regulations) with respect to workplace chemicals
- Regulations under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) with respect to existing substances.
- Regulations under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) with respect to phosphorus regulations.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations under the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act with respect to the regarding developing a mechanism to enhance the recognition of approvals for Special Permits/Equivalency Certificates.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations under the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act with respect to the regarding identifying, recognizing and harmonizing exemptions and exceptions written within Regulations – specifically for Limited Quantities such as consumer goods – formerly known as Other Regulated Materials for Domestic Transport (ORM-D).
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations under the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act with respect to the regarding identifying, recognizing and harmonizing exemptions and exceptions written within Regulations – specifically small aerosol products (less than 4 fluid ounces).
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
Correctional Service of Canada (CSC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
Office of the Auditor General of Canada (OAG)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Senate of Canada
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
THE CANADIAN CONSUMER SPECIALTY PRODUCTS ASSOCIATION (CCSPA) IS A TRADE ASSOCIATION REPRESENTING THE CONSUMER, INDUSTRIAL AND INSTITUTIONAL SPECIALTY PRODUCTS INDUSTRY. WE ENHANCE THE ABILITY OF MEMBER COMPANIES TO CONDUCT BUSINESS FAIRLY, ETHICALLY AND EFFECTIVELY BY FOSTERING INDUSTRY AND GOVERNMENT COOPERATION, ADVOCATING FOR FAIR AND RISK-AND SCIENCE-BASED POLICIES AND LAWS, SEEKING WAYS TO PROMOTE INDUSTRY-WIDE ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY AND PROVIDING A NATIONAL VOICE FOR COMMUNICATIONS.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
THERE IS ONE CLASS OF MEMBERSHIP - FULL MEMBERSHIP.
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
In-house Organization Contact Information
800 - 130 ALBERT STREET
OTTAWA, ON K1P 5G4
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- SHANNON COOMBS,
Public offices held
- Stephanie Golden,
Director, Policy |
No public offices held