Registration - In-house Corporation
Syncrude Canada Ltd. / Doreen Cole, Managing Director
Total Number of Communication Reports: 51
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 10 of 10 (2019-11-07 to present)
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Employment and Training
- Research and Development
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Federal financial support to improve data collected under the Labour Market Information Service provided by Employment and Social Development Canada.
Policies or Program
- Climate Change in relation to providing input regarding federal strategies/processes to address greenhouse gas emissions.
- Federal policy with respect to oil sands on First Nations Consultation Guidelines within Natural Resources Canada.
- Federal support for policy changes to improve Science, Technology, Engineering and Math education programs to address labour shortages in the oil sands sector.
- Federal support for programs in the Government of Canada proposed First Nations Education Act for Aboriginal people to pursue post-secondary education
- Government of Canada review of the Interprovincial Standards Program to accommodate the inter-jurisdictional mobility of apprentices and skilled workers.
- Reinstatement of the Accelerated Labour Market Opinion under the Government of Canada Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
- Government of Canada review of the Mining Effluent Regulation and policies that may be directed at oil sands.
- The application of the Government of Canada Renewable Fuels Regulations to oil sands operations.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Canadian Energy Regulator (CER)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Impact Assessment Agency of Canada (IAAC)
- Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Senate of Canada
- Transport Canada (TC)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Syncrude Canada Ltd. is the operator of the Syncrude Project Joint Venture operating in the Athabasca Oil Sands. Syncrude is one of the largest producers of crude oil from Canada's oil sands. We operate two oil sands mines, utilities plant, bitumen extraction plant and upgrading facility that processes bitumen and produces value-added light, sweet crude oil for domestic consumption and export.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Doreen Cole, Managing Director
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
PO Bag 4009 MD4100
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 3L1
Parent Company Information
Syncrude Canada Ltd. is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Syncrude Canada Ltd. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Kara Flynn, Vice President, Government and Public Affairs | No public offices held
- Peter Read, Vice President, Strategic Planning | No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Cheryl Robb, Government and Public Affairs Advisor | No public offices held
- Isabelle Shelvey, Manager, Regulatory Affairs | No public offices held
- Warren Zubot, Senior Engineering Associate | No public offices held