- Aboriginal Affairs
- Arts and Culture
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Regional Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Consumer Product Safety Act with respect to business confidentiality provisions and recall provisions
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Changes to the payments industry in Canada as described in the proposed Voluntary Code of Conduct for the Debit and Credit Card Industry in Canada issued by Finance Canada. Possible legislation to regulate the payments industry in Canada, either designating the credit card companies under the Canadian Payments Act, or a similar legislative proposal. Implementation of certain provisions of "Transparency, Balance and Choice: Canada’s Credit Card and Debit Card Systems" - Report of the Senate Committee on Banking Trace and Commerce.
Policies or Program
- RCC is interested in seeing the elimination of import duties that still exist on finished goods.
- RCC is interested in working with government to see regulations related to food safety and consumer product safety harmonizes with similar regulations that exist in the united states.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- International Trade - Request for Tarriff Relief for Retail Goods
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
Senate of Canada
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Solicitor General Canada (SGC)
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
110 Clarence Street, Suite 302
Ottawa, ON K1N 5P6
Susie Grynol, Vice President
Parent Company Information
Retail Council of Canada / Conseil canadien du commerce de detail is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Retail Council of Canada / Conseil canadien du commerce de detail is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Retail Council of Canada / Conseil canadien du commerce de detail are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Retail Council of Canada / Conseil canadien du commerce de detail does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
910 - 50 O'CONNOR STREET
OTTAWA, ON K1P 6L2
Consultant Firm and Address
IMPACT PUBLIC AFFAIRS
222 Queen Street, Suite 1404
OTTAWA, ON K1P 5V9