- Aboriginal Affairs
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Federal and provincial funding for the qualitative and quantitative study of speech, language and hearing care. Particularly for First Nations, Inuit and Metis populations. The financial benefit would be directed towards the treatment of those identified as speech, language or hearing impaired.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Budget 2016 - include a national program that ensures universal access to newborn hearing screening and include programs to facilitate the early identification and intervention of speech and language disorders in young children.
- Changes to the Current Hazardous Products Act for Noisy Toys. The current Hazardous Products Act bans toys emitting noise levels exceeding 100 dB. CASLPA would like this legislation changed to 75dB.
- Taxation and Finance - Changes to the disability tax credit for hearing loss.
Policies or Program
- Health - to discuss improved policies around audiology benefits through the federal health care partnership (VAC, RCMP, DND and Health Canada).
- Introduction of Acoustical Standards for Classrooms in Canada or adoption of the ANSI standards (US).
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
National Defence (DND)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
Senate of Canada
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1000- #1 Nicholas Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 7B7
Joanne Charlebois, Executive Director
Parent Company Information
Speech Language and Audiology Canada / Orthophonie et Audiologie Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Speech Language and Audiology Canada / Orthophonie et Audiologie Canada is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Speech Language and Audiology Canada / Orthophonie et Audiologie Canada are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Speech Language and Audiology Canada / Orthophonie et Audiologie Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
910 - 50 O'CONNOR STREET
OTTAWA, ON K1P 6L2
Consultant Firm and Address
IMPACT PUBLIC AFFAIRS
222 Queen Street, Suite 1404
OTTAWA, ON K1P 5V9