Registration - In-house Organization
Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada / Coalition pour le droit a l'avortement au Canada / Joyce Arthur, Executive Director
Version 7 of 7 (2019-09-17 to present)
- Constitutional Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Justice and Law Enforcement
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Lobbying against any private member bill or motion that could impact reproductive rights or access.
Policies or Program
- Access to abortion services, with respect to improving them and removing political and other barriers, especially in undeserved areas such as PEI and NB.
- Canada Health Act - enforcing against New Brunswick for its refusal to fund Clinic 554 for aspiration abortion
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Policies or Program: Stopping federal government funding of anti-choice groups, including through job programs and their charitable tax status.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Justice Canada (JC)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Communications with members and supporters, public advocacy and education, grassroots campaigns to support abortion rights and counter anti-choice initiatives, research projects, networking/coordination with other human rights groups, lobbying of MPs to improve abortion access, or vote for/against certain bills, educate them on issues, etc.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Joyce Arthur, Executive Director
Organization's membership or classes of membershipWe have about 450 paid members, about 415 individuals and 35 groups. We have 3 levels of membership: Basic or Sustaining according to level of donation, and Activist for screened members who want to be volunteers. About 60% of our members are automatic monthly donors.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
POB 2663 Station Main
Vancouver, BC V6B 3W3
Fax number: 555-555-5555
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Joyce Arthur, Executive Director | No public offices held