- Aboriginal Affairs
- Arts and Culture
- Intellectual Property
- Privacy and Access to Information
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Investments in the 2018 federal budget to support the establishment of a National Indigenous Association of Archives, Libraries and Cultural Memory.
- Reducing barriers to inter-library loans by ensuring adequate funding is maintained for the Library Materials Service
- Support for Canadians to benefit from digital services at libraries that will advance their social and economic opportunity through targeted investments in library computers, IT systems, and broadband access.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Engaging Parliamentarians and civil servants in the process of reviewing Canada's Copyright Act which is expected to begin during the current legislative session.
Policies or Program
- Encouraging the federal government to establish and fund a targeted Library Upgrade Investment Fund
- Promoting the digitization of content and cultural products through investments in libraries' digital infrastructure
- Pursuing investments in facilities upgrades to offset ongoing operational expenditures and provide better energy efficiency in Canadian libraries.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Finance Canada (FIN)
House of Commons
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Senate of Canada
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
3rd Floor - 2 Toronto Street
Toronto, ON M5C 2B6
Katherine McColgan, Executive Director
Parent Company Information
Canadian Federation of Library Associations / Fédération canadienne des associations de bibliothèques is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Federation of Library Associations / Fédération canadienne des associations de bibliothèques is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Federation of Library Associations / Fédération canadienne des associations de bibliothèques are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Federation of Library Associations / Fédération canadienne des associations de bibliothèques does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
66 Queen Street, Suite 300
Ottawa, ON K1P 5C6
Consultant Firm and Address
Impact Public Affairs / Impact Affaires Publiques
222 Queen Street, Suite 1404
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9