- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Government Procurement
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Research and Development
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Act as it relates to various technical safety standards and ministerial authority to recall.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- The Canadian Environmental Protection Act as it relates to various regulations and policies regarding the On-Road Vehicle and Emissions Regulations, related to light duty vehicle fleet average emissions standards, certification and reporting requirements.
- The Canadian Environmental Protection Act as it relates to various regulations and policies regarding the Passenger Vehicle and Light Truck Greenhouse Gas Emissions related to fleet average greenhouse gas emission standards for vehicle Model Year 2017 – 2025 and beyond, testing procedures and credit system.
Policies or Program
- Canada/EU free-trade agreement in principle as it relates to the auto industry.
- Canada/Japan potential free-trade agreement as it relates to the auto industry.
- Canada/Korea free-trade agreement as it relates to auto industry.
- Canada/Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) free-trade agreement in principle as it relates to the auto industry.
- Electric Vehicle & Alternative Vehicle Infrastructure Deployment Initiative: specifically distribution of funding to hydrogen fuelling infrastructure.
- Engagement with government officials on disruptions to business, health & safety requirements, and opportunities to help with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Federal Budget policies as it relates to implementation of consumer and business incentives for electrified light duty passenger vehicles.
- Governments policies or programs targeting 50% of new vehicles sold by 2030 and 100% of new passenger vehicles sold by 2035 to be zero emission.
- Natural Resources Canada’s Fuel Consumption Guide as it deals with Fuel consumption used to generate the Natural Resources Canada’s Fuel Consumption Guide.
- Public Safety with respect to the illegal export of stolen vehicles through Canadian Ports.
- The United States-Canada-Mexico Agreement (USMCA) in principle as it relates to the auto industry.
- The sale of zero emission vehicles as it relates to the governments policies or programs towards achieving the goals of 10% of new vehicles sales by 2025, 30% by 2030 and 100% by 2040.
- Zero emission vehicle refueling infrastructure, ensuring the inclusion of hydrogen infrastructure in the plan.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Senate of Canada
Transport Canada (TC)
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
One Toyota Place
Toronto, ON M1H 1H9
Scott MacKenzie, Senior National Manager of External Affairs
Parent Company Information
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd. / Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
2-1 Ohtemachi, 1-Chome Chiyoda-Ku
- Toyota Motor Corporation / Toyota Motor Corporation
No.1, Toyota Cho Aichi Prefecture
Toyota City 471-8571
Coalition Members Information
Toyota Canada Inc. (through Casacom) / Toyota Canada Inc. (via Casacom) is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada
1055 Fountain St. North
PO Box 5002
Cambridge, ON N3H 5K2
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Toyota Canada Inc. (through Casacom) / Toyota Canada Inc. (via Casacom) does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
95 St. Clair Ave, West
Toronto, ON M4V 1N6
Consultant Firm and Address
Counsel Public Affairs Inc.
95 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, ON M4V 1N6