- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- International Development
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Agriculture: research and development, innovation, policy, global market access and trade. source of funding to be determined
- Climate - the role of agriculture to mitigate and adapt to a changing climate and related climate change policy. source of funding to be determined.
- Employment and training - knowledge and capacity building to support corporate growth and the broader agriculture and agri-food sector. Sources of funding to be determined
- Environment - issues related to land, water and air that affect primary agriculture practices including the use of crop inputs, genetics and crop protection products. sources of funding to be determined
- International Trade - trade agreements, IP protection, data security and related barriers and opportunities for global trade in agriculture. Sources of funding to be determined.
- International development - the role of agriculture in supporting economic, social and environmental priorities in developing countries. Sources of funding to be determined.
- Research and development - issues pertaining to innovation through skills, product development, taxation, IP, collaboration and innovation incentives for businesses. sources of funding to be determined.
- Science and technology - the role of innovation in supporting primary agriculture and the emerging knowledge base economy in agriculture. Innovation for crops, equipment, data and protection products as well as value added ingredients. sources of funding to be determined
- Small business - taxation, economic development, IP and trade programs that stimulate business growth and investment. sources of funding to be determined
- Taxation and finance - creating the environment for business growth and investment and mechanisms to grow domestic and international markets. This would include employers and employees issues and related taxation. This may include Scientific Research and Experimental Design (SR&ED) but other sources of funding to be determined
- Telecommunications - rural connectivity and networks for rural areas that have agriculture activities including primary agriculture. sources of funding to be determined.
- regional development - rural and economic development strategies for agriculture including rural connectivity, skills and trades and transportation/logistics. sources of funding to be determined
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Transportation - all modes of transport to support efficient means for primary agriculture production.
- consumer issues - food policy and food security through the value chain related to primary agriculture
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Canadian Grain Commission (CGC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Export Development Canada (EDC)
Farm Credit Canada (FCC)
Farm Products Council of Canada (FPCC)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Farmers Edge Inc. is a Canadian corporation providing decision agronomy and data management solutions to global agricultural farmers and the agri-food supply chain by utilizing hardware, software and agronomy expertise to improve productivity and reduce environmental impact.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Chief Executive Officer
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Sustainable Development Technology Canada
In-house Corporation Contact Information
25 Rothwell Rd.
Winnipeg, MB R3P 2M5
Parent Company Information
Farmers Edge Inc. is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Farmers Edge Inc. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Wade Barnes,
Chief Executive Officer |
No public offices held
- Ron Osborne,
Chief Strategy Officer |
No public offices held
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Bruce Ringrose,
Head of Sustainability & Stakeholder Relations |
No public offices held