- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- Government Procurement
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Research and Development
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Participation in consultations regarding the Digital Charter and the federal government's plans to overhaul Canada's privacy regime, to enable the use of anonymized health data for new medication research and development.
- Raise awareness regarding the potential risks to drug and vaccine supply for Canadian patients arising from new U.S. state-level reimportation legislation.
Policies or Program
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) - Identification of the need for a multi-sectoral stakeholder working group to pursue joint goals under a Pan-Canadian AMR strategy and to strengthen Canada's end-to-end research capacity in AMR.
- Engage government officials regarding domestic manufacturing of seasonal and pandemic flu vaccine.
- Engage the government regarding the need for clear and efficient procurement processes for COVID-19 medical countermeasures, including COVID-19 therapeutics, to ensure access for Canadians.
- Engagement with government officials on disruptions to business, health & safety requirements, and opportunities to help with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ensure the National Advisory Committee on Immunization has sufficient resources to undertake timely reviews of new vaccines that are made available to the Canadian marketplace.
- Harmonizing rules for the sampling of natural health products under the proposed Canada-United States-Mexico trade agreement.
- Input on the work of the Advisory Committee on the Implementation of National Pharmacare, specifically as it relates to access to medicines.
- Renewal of national vaccine strategy to close gaps in vaccination coverage for Canadians, especially among seniors.
- Sharing information with government and Members of Parliament on different models for national pharmacare, specifically as it relates to access to medicines.
- The Government of Ontario has passed legislation requiring the public disclosure of payments made to Health Care Providers and Health Care Organizations by the broader health care industry, including pharmaceutical companies, generic manufacturers, and medical device companies. GlaxoSmithKline seeks to advocate for a national approach to disclosure through either the support of similar provincial initiatives, coordinated action through the Federal / Provincial and Territorial meetings of the Ministers of Health, and / or the establishment of national requirements.
- Allow for the regulation of products containing cannabidiol (CBD) as natural health products.
- Engaging Health Canada on the Self-Care Products Initiative as it pertains to plain language labelling and a risk-based approach to regulatory oversight for non prescription drugs.
- Reforms to the Patented Medicines Review Board (PMPRB), whose guidelines seek to ensure a balance between the prices set by manufacturers for patented medicines sold in Canada and the maintenance of an attractive environment for pharmaceutical research and development. Specifically with regard to ensuring that any actions and proposed changes by the PMPRB do not negatively impact access to patented medicines in Canada.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Senate of Canada
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
100 Milverton Drive
Mississauga, ON L5R 4H1
Ryan Lock, Lead - Federal Affairs and Public Policy
Parent Company Information
- GlaxoSmithKline Finance plc
980 Great West Road
Brentford, Middlesex UnitedKin
Coalition Members Information
GlaxoSmithKline Inc. is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of GlaxoSmithKline Inc. are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Inc.
55 Standish Court
Mississauga, ON L5N 4B2
Public offices held
95 St. Clair Ave, West
Toronto, ON M4V 1N6
Consultant Firm and Address
Counsel Public Affairs Inc.
95 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, ON M4V 1N6