- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Ensuring a public health approach in the legalization of cannabis and improving the medical cannabis framework. (Bill C-45: An Act respecting cannabis and to amend the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, the Criminal Code and other Acts).
- Ensuring the Canadian Controlled Private Corporation framework is maintained in the federal budget. (Bill C-74: An Act to implement certain provisions of the budget tabled in Parliament on February 27, 2018 and other measures)
- Increase federal investment in health care, long-term care and home care via demographic top up to Bill C-300: Canada Health Transfer.
- Increased restrictions on the sale and advertising of tobacco
products in Canada. (Bill S-5:An Act to amend the Tobacco Act and the Non-smokers’ Health Act and to make consequential amendments to other Acts)
- The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) calling for an Act
Respecting National Physicians Day in Canada (Bill S-248).
Policies or Program
- A national strategy to ensure all Canadians have access to safe, effective and affordable prescription drugs regardless of employment status or geography. (Advisory Council on the Implementation of National Pharmacare)
- A targeted health infrastructure fund as part of the federal
government’s long-term plan for public infrastructure. (Investing in Canada Plan)
- Create new policies and programs to improve access to health care (including home care, long-term care and primary care).
- Encouraging governments to fund programs to promote healthy living.
- Improved compensation for the completion of federal health
forms by physicians. (Tax Forms for the Canada Pension Plan Disability and Disability Tax Credit by the Canada Revenue Agency)
- Improved national standards and investments in the area of
palliative and end of life care. (Bill C-277: An Act providing for the development of a framework on palliative care in Canada)
- Improvements to the health care services provided to aboriginal people in Canada (Federal Non-Insured Health Benefits for First Nations and Inuit).
- Increased investment in providing telehealth to rural and remote communities.
- Joint statement of action to address the opioid crisis.
- New federal policies and programs to support improved seniors care.
- Recruitment and retention of health care providers and federal investment in residency spots.
- Investments and needed regulations to improve the
development of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) in Canada.
- Strengthen regulatory regime of natural health products.
(Natural Health Products Regulations)
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canada Foundation for Innovation
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHRC)
Canadian Space Agency (CSA)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Intergovernmental Affairs Secretariat (IGA)
Justice Canada (JC)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Senate of Canada
Service Canada (ServCan)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1870 Alta Vista
Ottawa, ON K1G 5W8
John Lee, Vice President, Legal
Parent Company Information
Canadian Medical Association / Association médicale canadienne is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Medical Association / Association médicale canadienne is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Medical Association / Association médicale canadienne are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- Joule / Joule
1031 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K1S 3W7
No public offices held
1410 Blair Place, Suite 500
Ottawa, ON K1J 9B9
Consultant relationship to the client
- The registrant is on the board of directors for this organization.