- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- C-4 An Act to amend the Canada Labour Code, the Parliamentary Employment and Staff Relations Act, the Public Service Labour Relations Act and the Income Tax Act in support of the Bill and seeking its quick passage.
- Finance Canada - regarding the planning and implementation of the budget
- Pension Innovation for Canadians: The Target Benefit Plan opposing conversion from DP plans and the issue of consent in regards to application of arbitration.
- Pre-Budget Consultations seeking the restoration of tax credits for labour sponsored funds, speeding up infrastructure spending, increases to CPP contributions, reduction of OAS from 67 to 65, increased funding for inspectors at Transport Canada, restoration of EI coverage and benefits.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act - regarding the implementation of the transport security clearance.
- c26 An Act to amend the Canada Pension Plan, the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board Act and the Income Tax Act in support of the Bill increasing contributions and benefits.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Cabinet directive on streamlining regulations with respect to the one-in, one-out aspect of the directive and the repeal of Bill C-21 An Act to control the administrative burden that regulations impose on businesses
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Financial Sector Division Department of Finance - regarding the Strengthening the Legislative and Regulatory framework for Private Pension Plans Subject to the Pension Benefits Standards Act, 1985
- seeking changes to the Canada Labour Code and Regulations to mandate mental health awareness at the workplace.
Policies or Program
- Canada Environmental Protection Act Review to support policies to enhance protection of the environment and public and NGO participation in the process.
- Security and Prosperity Initiative with respect to the creation of a North American security and regulatory regime.
- TPP seeking training and compensation funds for dairy workers if affected by the allocation of quota.
- The Temporary Foreign Worker Program negative impact on employment in the film industry
- The Trans Pacific Partnership and the need to keep dairy off the table to maintain the Marketing Boards.
- Transport Canada - Member of the Advisory Council on Railway Safety by invitation of the Ministry redarding the safety and security of the railway industry.
- Transport Canada - Member of the Canadian Aviation Regulation Advisory Council by invitation of the Department regarding the safety and security of the aviation industry.
- Transport Canada - Permanent Observers on the Advisory Council to the Minister of Transport on the Transportation of Dangerous Goods by invitation of the Ministry regarding the safety and security of the transportation of dangerous goods.
- Transport Canada - Regulated member of the Canadian Council Motor Transportation Administrators by Regulation regarding the safety and security of the motor transportation industry.
- discussion with Transport Canada about the review of the Canadian Aviation Transport Security Authority regarding screening of passengers and baggage
- operation of the Observer Program of Fisheries and Oceans Canada with respect to the issuing of contracts.
- to modernize the subrogation agreement between Labour Canada and Transport Canada regarding the work and health and safety standards in transportation standards giving Labour Canada greater oversight.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- The Railway Safety Act implementation of regulations on Rail Safety, the oversight and public disclosure of Safety Management Systems and the deregulation of the sector.
- Proposal to Amend the Canadian Industrial Relations Board Regulations with respect to the operation of the Canadian Industrial Ralations Board
- Public Safety, the regulation of firearm acquisition for employees i n the armoured car sector.
- Transport Canada regulation "Commercial Vehicle Drivers Hours of Service" -regarding the implementation of the Regulation
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL)
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
Canada Industrial Relations Board (CIRB)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Human Rights Tribunal (CHRT)
Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Competition Tribunal (CT)
Correctional Service of Canada (CSC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Farm Products Council of Canada (FPCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB)
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
National Defence (DND)
National Energy Board (NEB)
National Film Board (NFB)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages (OCOL)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Pension Appeals Board (PAB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
Senate of Canada
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
VIA Rail Canada
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
DECENT WAGES. JOB SECURITY. WORKING CONDITION. BENEFITS. SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT. THESE ARE THE ISSUES WHICH MEAN THE MOST TO WORKING MEN AND WOMEN ACROSS CANADA. AND THESE ARE THE SAME ISSUES WHICH TEAMSTERS CANADA AND ITS LOCAL UNIONS KEEP AT THE TOP OF THEIR LIST AS THEY WORK ON BEHALF OF MORE THAN 120,000 MEMBERS ACROSS CANADA.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
WE REPRESENT 1,5 MILLION MEMBERS ACROSS NORTH AMERICA AND WE ARE A VERY DIVERSIFIED UNION. TEAMSTERS CANADA HAS ESTABLISHED TRADE DIVISION TO COORDINATE BARGAINING AND SERVICES FOR MEMBERS IN THEIR OWN INDUSTRIES. THE TRADE DIVISIONS ARE: RAIL, AIRLINE, CONSTRUCTION, DAIRY & SALES DRIVERS, FREIGHT, GROCERY AND RETAIL STORES, MOVIE AND TRADE SHOW, PARCEL AND SMALL PACKAGES, WAREHOUSE AND MISCELLANEOUS.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
2540 BOUL. DANIEL-JOHNSON BUREAU 804
LAVAL, QC H7T 2S3
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Don Ashley,
National Legislative Director Teamsters Canada Rail Conference - Locomotive Engineers |
No public offices held
- Phil Benson,
No public offices held
- Ken Deptuck,
National Advisor |
No public offices held
- François Laporte,
No public offices held