- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Qualitative and quantitative study of speech, language and hearing for Indigenous, Inuit and Metis populations. Seeking funding for qualitative and quantitative study of speech, language and hearing for First Nations, Inuit and Metis populations. Source of funding to be determined.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Changes to the Current Hazardous Products Act for Noisy Toys. The current Hazardous Products Act bans toys emitting noise levels exceeding 100 dB. Canadian Association of Speech Language and Audiology Canada (CASLPA) would like this legislation changed to 75dB.
- Taxation and Finance - Changes to the disability tax credit for hearing including advocacy to amend the Income Tax Act.
Policies or Program
- Budget - include a national program that ensures universal access to newborn hearing screening and include programs to facilitate the early identification and intervention of speech and language disorders in young children.
- Health - to discuss improved policies around audiology benefits through the federal health care partnership Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), Department of national Defense (DND) and Health Canada)
- Introduction of Acoustical Standards for Classrooms in Canada or adoption of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards (US).
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
National Defence (DND)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
Senate of Canada
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1000-1 Nicholas St
Ottawa, ON K1N 7B7
Dawn Wilson, CEO
Parent Company Information
Speech-Language & Audiology Canada / Orthophonie & Audiologie Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Speech-Language & Audiology Canada / Orthophonie & Audiologie Canada is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Speech-Language & Audiology Canada / Orthophonie & Audiologie Canada are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Speech-Language & Audiology Canada / Orthophonie & Audiologie Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Designated public offices held
70 George St
Ottawa, ON K1N 5V9
Consultant Firm and Address
70 George St
Ottawa, ON K1N 5V9