- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Border Action Plan: A Vision for Perimeter Security and Economic Competitiveness, with respect to maintaining an open and secure border between Canada and the US to facilitate entry of both goods and business personnel.
- Canada-EU Free Trade Negotiations – seeking to ensure that a Free Trade Agreement does not competitively disadvantage JAMA Canada members due to preferential tariff treatment on finished vehicle imports from the EU, and to ensure competitive market access for Canadian-built vehicles in the EU.
- Canada-Japan Economic Framework and Joint Study - seeking support for negotiating a bilateral free trade agreement with Japan.
- Motor Vehicle Fuel Consumption Standards Act, and associated regulation as it relates to green house gas emissions, adherence to a single dominant standard in North America.
- Multilateral Trade Negotiations (Doha Round of the World Trade Organization) - market access (elimination of tariffs on finished vehicles)
- Trans Pacific Partnership - in support of Canada negotiating a regional free trade agreement with the current 11 other members of the TPP.
- WTO Environmental Goods Agreement (EGA) - in support of a robust and comprehensive multilateral agreement to facilitate open global trade in environmentally sustainable goods including next generation, low and zero emission motor vehicles.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Seeking consistent and predictable rules and regulations with respect to vehicle emissions.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with respect to ratification and United States Section 232 tariffs
Policies or Program
- Canada-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (CJEPA) – in support of Canada expeditiously negotiating a comprehensive bilateral economic partnership agreement with Japan.
- Seeking continued program support for Ontario's automobile manufacturing sector
- The Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor Initiative as it relates to a secure and trade-efficient border.
- The Asia-Pacific Partnership on Clean Development and Climate – seeking support for the proposed Road Transport Task Force .
- North America Free Trade Agreement – seeking improvements to the NAFTA recognizing the integration of the auto industry in North America and the realities of global supply chains, including simplified and flexible Rules of Origin for automotive products.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Senate of Canada
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
Suite 840, 151 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 1S4
Principal representative of the client
David Worts, Executive Director
Parent Company Information
Japanese Auto Manufacturers Association (JAMA) Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Japanese Auto Manufacturers Association (JAMA) Canada is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Japanese Auto Manufacturers Association (JAMA) Canada are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Japanese Auto Manufacturers Association (JAMA) Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
45 O'Connor Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4
Consultant Firm and Address
The Capital Hill Group
45 O'Connor Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4