- Economic Development
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- TIAA aims to see improvements to the visa application process, ensuring that the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is available to low-risk countries.
- TIAA desires to see Canada's tourism industry become a zero-rated export product by removing the GST on tourism products sold outside Canada to global tourists.
- TIAA desires to see the cost of air travel become more competitive relative to other global markets by reducing fees, levies and taxes on air travel.
- TIAA is interested in any changes to transportation policy or regulation that positively/negatively impact Canada's ability to compete on an international level for visitors.
- TIAA is interested in any proposed changes to policy that positively/negatively impact the ability of small-to-medium-sized tourism enterprises to compete for tourists on a regional/international scale.
- TIAA is interested in ensuring that any proposed changes to labour and immigration policy support the unique needs of the tourism industry, by sector, by region and, by season.
- TIAA is interested in the ongoing work of the federal government in support of the tourism industry as its 7th economic strategy table. This includes issues ranging from, but not limited to: sustainable funding for tourism marketing, labour shortages, tourism product development, attraction of investment for tourism projects, careers in tourism, air access, sharing economy, etc..
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA)
Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Transport Canada (TC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- House of Commons
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
PO Box 20144 Calgary Place
Calgary, AB T2P 4J2
Alida Visbach, TIAA Board Chair
Parent Company Information
Tourism Industry Association of Alberta (TIAA) is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Tourism Industry Association of Alberta (TIAA) is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Tourism Industry Association of Alberta (TIAA) are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Tourism Industry Association of Alberta (TIAA) does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
153 Benchlands Terrace
Canmore, AB T1W 1G2