- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Communication will involve discussing the economic and social benefits of ridesharing in Canada, and to educate officials on the Lyft business model.
- Communications will involve discussing the benefits of hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles to users of high-use, high-mileage vehicles as it relates to Lyft's commitment to reducing carbon emissions in the transportation sector.
- Discussions with relevant staff from the Minister of Transport’s office, Natural Resources Canada, and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada about Lyft’s commitment to have only electric vehicles on its platform and how the corporation will achieve this goal.
- Discussions with the Minister of Labour regarding the status of gig economy workers in Canada and how Lyft’s business model works.
- Open discussions with relevant Members of Parliament, Cabinet Ministers and staff to discuss what an appropriate transportation regulatory regime needs to be to effectively manage, encourage and monitor ride-sharing within the broader sharing economy.
- Operator Licensing and Vehicle Control Regulation, Alta Reg 320/2002: Seeking a change to Reg 320/2002 to allow ride-share drivers to hold a Class 5 rather than a Class 4 license in Alberta.
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Transport Canada (TC)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Lyft is a peer to peer mobile based ridesharing platform, connecting passengers to drivers for a safe, affordable, and reliable ride.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Head of Growth Markets & Managing Director, Canada
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
Suite 2600, Three Bentall Centre, 595 Burrard Street
P.O. Box 49314
Vancouver, BC V7X 1L3
Parent Company Information
- Lyft, Inc.
185 Berry Street
San Francisco, CA 941 07-
United States of America
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Lyft Canada Inc. does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
- Peter Lukomskyj,
General Manager, British Columbia |
No public offices held
Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
No lobbyists added