- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Small Business
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill C‑71, An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms with respect to its impact on sporting arms retailers.
- Canadian Firearms Marking Regulation with respect to its impact on Canadian sporting arms importers/distributors.
- Firearms Act with respect to small business owners in the sporting arms category.
- Firearms Regulations, with respect to the impact on small business owners in the sporting arms category
- Trade Regulations, with respect to the sporting arms category.
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
Rural Economic Development (Minister’s Office)
Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
The CSAAA is a non-profit industry association representing licensed Canadian sporting arms business owners including manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, retailers and gunsmiths. The association hosts trade events and conferences for members, promotes industry best practices, shares industry-related news and information and represents industry to federal, provincial and municipal governments.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Alison de Groot,
Organization's membership or classes of membership
National manufacturers and/or distributors and/or national agencies of manufacturers or distributors and/or retail businesses who have a storefront operation with normal operating hours over 40 hours per week in Canada of sporting arms and/or ammunition and/or related products shall be eligible for active membership in the association with the right to vote and to hold elective office.
Businesses, organizations, clubs or individuals in Canada whose primary business is hunting and or shooting shall be eligible for associate membership in the but shall not necessarily have the right to vote or to hold elective office.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
PO Box 2343
Peterborough, ON K9J 7Y8
Employees who lobby for the organization
- Alison de Groot,
Managing Director |
No public offices held