- Aboriginal Affairs
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Regional Development
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Infrastructure funding programs for municipalities with regard to the need for continued and increased levels of spending.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Species at Risk Act (SARA), mitigating the effects of SARA for landowners, municipalities.
- Trade Agreements, including CUSMA and the effect it has on Canadian agricultural producers.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Carbon tax, impact of carbon tax on Saskatchewan's agricultural producers and municipalities.
Policies or Program
- Agriculture: Business Risk Management Program suite under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, in particular requesting changes that will enhance support for producers under the programs.
- Aquatic Invasive Species - Requesting federal government lead the fight to prevent AIS throughout Canada and Saskatchewan's waters.
- Broadband - Requesting government investment to enhance service in rural Saskatchewan.
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership - Ensuring CAP serves to maintain and increase competitiveness in the Canadian Agricultural sector.
- Chronic Wasting Disease - policies to prevent the spread of CWD
- Control of Richardson Ground Squirrels with regard to research and control measures.
- Disaster Financial Assistance Arrangements (DFAA) with respect to increasing the compensation for use of municipally owned equipment.
- Emergency response fund; establishment of an emergency response fund that will give departments the resources they need to continue providing essential services without risk of non-payment.
- Energy Infrastructure - advancing the notion that pipelines are a safer mode of transportation than rail.
- Federal support for municipalities and agricultural producers in Saskatchewan in relation to the Economic Response Plan.
- International trade with respect to agricultural products.
- Municipal access to Can-Sask job grant
- Promotion of effective and efficient grain transportation and monitoring of transportation.
- Providing comments on the need for improvements to the Temporary Foreign Workers TFW) program.
- RCMP presence in rural Saskatchewan. Preventing rural crime.
- Water treatment systems, alternative water treatment technologies continue to be explored ad where feasible, applicable regulations and guidelines be updated to allow for the most efficient use of those technologies.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Transportation policy and regulation with regard to grain and grain products, and the products of agriculture generally.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canadian Energy Regulator (CER)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Farm Products Council of Canada (FPCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Impact Assessment Agency of Canada (IAAC)
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Justice Canada (JC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transport Canada (TC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Province of Saskatchewan - Immigration and Career Training
Client Contact Information
2301 Windsor Park Road
Regina, SK S4V 3A4
Jay Meyer, Executive Director
Parent Company Information
Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
Coleville, SK S0L 0K0
Consultant relationship to the client
- The registrant is on the board of directors for this organization.