- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Budget - provide recommendations on strategic investments and opportunities to achieving administrative savings.
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act - Retain the Act's support for technology neutrality.
Policies or Program
- COVID 19 – communicate about the COVID-19 pandemic, more specifically how technology companies can assist the federal government with supercomputing power, virus tracking and artificial intelligence.
- Digital Economy Strategy - provide recommendations to the federal government on how to execute the strategy in a manner that encourages global investment in jobs and innovation in Canada.
- Government Procurement: Integrity Framework - advocate for reasonable and effective integrity provisions in federal procurement.
- Implementation of the PTECH education model for Canada, with a focus on indigenous communities. PTECH is Pathways in Technology Early College High School program pioneered by IBM.
- Industrial Regional Benefits Program - secure eligibility for IBM Canada's products and services.
- Policy on Management of Information Technology - Treasury Board Policy Suite - advocate for the use and increased investment in innovative technologies, including Cloud computing and software analytics.
- Regional Economic Development: Advocate on approaches, policies and programs with the federal government that foster collaborative regional economic development strategies.
- Science & Technology Policy: provide advice and recommendations to the federal government on policy approaches and instruments to advance Canada's S&T and Innovation Agenda.
- Temporary Foreign Workers - policy and programs concerning the entry of TFW's including Intra-company Transferees, including rules governing prevailing wage
- Trade Agreement Negotiations - encourage the federal government of Canada to include provisions in bilateral and other trade agreements that will liberalize trade in information technology goods and services and the liberal movement of data, information and global employees. For example, the Trans-Pacific Partnership - encourage the federal government of Canada to include ambitious Electronic Commerce provisions.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Bank of Canada
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
Canada Post Corporation (CPC)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Export Development Canada (EDC)
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
National Defence (DND)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Senate of Canada
Service Canada (ServCan)
Shared Services Canada (SSC)
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Women and Gender Equality (WAGE)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
3600 Steeles Avenue East
Markham, ON L3R 9Z7
Adrienne Rhone, Director, Governmental Programs, North America at IBM Corporation
Parent Company Information
- IBM Corporation
1 New Orchard Road
Armonk, NY 10504-1722
United States of America
Coalition Members Information
IBM Canada Ltd. is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of IBM Canada Ltd. are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- ISM Information Systems Management Canada Corporation
One Research - O/R
Regina, SK S4S 7H1
No public offices held
222 Queen St.
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9
Consultant Firm and Address
222 Queen St.
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9