- Economic Development
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Federal programs and budgetary initiatives related to the Federal-Provincial-Territorial funding arrangements regarding pharmaceuticals including addressing any health technology assessment-related or other policy discussions that might involve Health Canada and its ongoing relationship with the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) and/or other pan-Canadian health organizations.
- Federally-funded public drug plans, with respect to reimbursement for drug products for federal plan beneficiaries.
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada regarding the Innovation and Skills Agenda and other government policies and programs related to incentivizing research and development activities in Canada.
- Proposals to amend guidelines related to the operationalization of the legislation and regulations governing the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board
- The federal role in considering developing and/or funding a national pharmacare program, including engagement with the Advisory Council on the Implementation of National Pharmacare and its Secretariat on issues related to access to medicines and rare disease and orphan drug policies
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Amendments to the Patented Medicines Regulations published in August 2019
- Regulatory amendments and/or guidelines and/or policies related to the Food and Drugs Act and Health Canada review of drugs for rare diseases.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
PO Box 81062
Ottawa, ON K1P 1B1
Principal representative of the client
Bob McLay, Chair
Parent Company Information
The Canadian Forum for Rare Disease Innovators / le Forum canadien des innovateurs spécialisés dans les maladies rares is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
- Alexion Pharma Canada Corp.
3100 Rutherford Road Suite 300
Vaughan, ON L4K 0G6
- Amicus Therapeutics Canada Inc.
6500 Trans-Canada Road 4th Floor
Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 0A5
- Biogen Canada Inc.
90 Burnhamthorpe Rd W Suite 1100
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C3
- Biomarin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
c/o Mark Bennett, Cassels Brock, 40 KING STREET 2100 SCOTIA PLAZA
Toronto, ON M5H 3C2
- Horizon Therapeutics Canada
9131 Keele Street Unit 4A
Vaughan, ON L4K 0G7
- Ipsen Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc.
5060 Spectrum Way 5th Floor
Mississauga, ON L4W 5N5
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Canada
100 King St West
Toronto, ON M5X 1C9
- Recordati Rare Disease Canada Inc.
3080 Younge Street Suite 6060
Toronto, ON M4N 3N1
- Sobi Canada Inc.
1155 North Service Rd. West Unit #11
Oakville, ON L6M 3E3
- Ultragenyx Canada Inc.
2900 - 550 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 0A3
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Canada) Inc.
20 Bay Street Suite 1520
Toronto, ON M5J 2N8
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of The Canadian Forum for Rare Disease Innovators / le Forum canadien des innovateurs spécialisés dans les maladies rares are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
The Canadian Forum for Rare Disease Innovators / le Forum canadien des innovateurs spécialisés dans les maladies rares does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
130 Albert Street, Suite 408
Ottawa, ON K1P 5G4
Consultant Firm and Address
3Sixty Public Affairs
150 Metcalfe Street, Suite 604
Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1