- Employment and Training
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Discussing programs that would address staffing shortages and testing capacity constraints exacerbated from Covid-19
- Foreign Credential Recognition - ongoing discussions on improvements in the integration of internationally educated health professionals into the Canadian workforce
- Funding for credential recognition programs Internationally Educated Medical Laboratory Technologists (IEMLT). The goal of these programs would be to facilitate the ability of IEMLT's to adapt their skills so that they can work in Canada.
- Health Canada Human Resources initiative on Interprofessional Education for Collaborative Patient-Centred Practice (IECPC) -- seeking inclusion of medical laboratory profession into IECPC work
- Health Human Resource Strategy of Health Canada - ongoing discussion about the changes in the Entry-to-Practice application requirements as implemented by the Advisory Committee on Health Delivery and Human Resources
- Pan-Canadian Health Human Resource Planning - continuing dialogue on the implementation of the Federal/Provincial/Territorial plan for Health Human Resources
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Senate of Canada
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
P.O. Box 2830
Hamilton, ON L8N 3N8
Christine Nielsen, Chief Executive Officer
Parent Company Information
Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science / La Société canadienne de science de laboratoire médical is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science / La Société canadienne de science de laboratoire médical is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science / La Société canadienne de science de laboratoire médical are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science / La Société canadienne de science de laboratoire médical does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
60 Joe Shuster Way
Toronto, ON M6K 1Y8
Consultant Firm and Address
Impact Public Affairs
250 University Ave, Suite 202
Toronto, ON M5H 3E5