- Consumer Issues
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill C-11, Consumer Privacy Protection Act, in view of new requirements around data portability and algorithmic transparency, and rights of private action by consumers against digital service providers.
Policies or Program
- Contribute to the development of Bank of Canada-led program to incent technology adoption by small businesses as announced in Budget 2021.
- Contribute to the development of ISED Cybersecurity Innovation Network Program assisting public-sector organizations in managing cybersecurity and denial-of-service risks.
- Participate in Copyright Policy consultations in view of new requirements for online intermediaries.
- Participate in Innovation, Science and Economic Development broadband support programs, with a view to integrating CIRA broadband data into broadband mapping processes.
- Advance CIRA recommendations in the context of CRTC 2021-9, a proposed framework to address botnets, and harmful networks of malware-infected computers that are in the control of a malicious actor.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Bank of Canada
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
Finance Canada (FIN)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
979 Bank Street, Suite 400
Ottawa, ON K1S 5K5
Tanya O'Callaghan, Vice President, Community Investment, Policy and Advocacy
Parent Company Information
Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) / Autorité canadienne pour les enregistrements Internet (ACEI) is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) / Autorité canadienne pour les enregistrements Internet (ACEI) is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) / Autorité canadienne pour les enregistrements Internet (ACEI) are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) / Autorité canadienne pour les enregistrements Internet (ACEI) does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
11 Montcalm Street
Ottawa, ON K1S 0A2
Consultant Firm and Address
Proof Strategies Inc