- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Canadian Heritage Committee study of online hate and illegal content and promised legislation
- Possible amendment to Section 19 of the Income Tax Act respecting the deductibility of digital advertising on non-Canadian platforms
- Review of the Broadcasting and Telecommunications Acts with respect to the promotion of Canadian culture and democracy.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Broadcasting policy: regulation, funding, licensing, Canadian programming, media concentration and restrictions on foreign ownership, equal enforcement of the Broadcasting Act, application of the Broadcasting Act to non-traditional media, support for public broadcasting, independence of CBC/Radio Canada and other related governance concerns, protecting Canadian content on air and online.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
200/238 - 131 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5C 3H8
Aritha van Herk, Chair
Parent Company Information
Friends of Canadian Broadcasting / Les amis de la radiodiffusion is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Friends of Canadian Broadcasting / Les amis de la radiodiffusion is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Friends of Canadian Broadcasting / Les amis de la radiodiffusion are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Friends of Canadian Broadcasting / Les amis de la radiodiffusion does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
50 O'Connor Street
Ottawa, ON M5J 2H7
Consultant Firm and Address
Sussex Strategy Group
50 O'Connor Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2