- Consumer Issues
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Discuss with government and Health Canada a moratorium on veterinary service fees which have come into force as of April 1, 2020, and will negatively impact accessibility of veterinary drugs in Canada, particularly given the economic impact of COVID-19.
- European Union Article 118 - Discuss with government and Global Affairs Canada the trade implications of Article 118.
Mutual Recognition Agreements - Discuss with government and Global Affairs Canada the need for Mutual Recognition Agreements on Good Manufacturing Practices inspections with the United Kingdom (following Brexit), and the United States.
- Service Fees consultations for veterinary drugs in Canada. Opposing Health Canada's proposal that these fees be increased. Ensuring that the fees reflect market size and value to Canadians. Concerned about the unintended consequences of fees resulting in fewer licensed veterinary drugs in Canada.
Policies or Program
- Discuss the establishment of a National Rabies Strategy.
- Health Canada - Veterinary Drug Submission Management. Policies/programs that are under discussion / development include: submission tracking; harmonization; submission guidelines; submission governance for animal drugs, feed additives and natural animal health products.
- Health Canada and Canadian Food Inspection Agency - "Canadian Animal Health Products Regulatory Advisory Committee". The VDD/CFIA Canadian Animal Health Products Regulatory Advisory Committee provides strategic policy advice, from the perspective of the regulated parties and stakeholders, on matters relating to the implementation of recommendations from the IFAH Benchmarking Report as it relates to veterinary drugs and veterinary biologics with the goal of improving efficiency, capacity, responsiveness, cost effectiveness and timely availability of product.
- Move of all Medically Important Antimicrobials used in animal medicine to prescription status.
- •Canadian Food Inspection Agency - consultations on regulatory approval process for feed borne veterinary medications
- Discuss with government and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada the current Canadian policies around live vaccine withdrawal times in livestock and poultry, which preclude the use of vaccines in some species to prevent disease, reduce zoonotic pathogen loads, and reduce need for antimicrobial use.
- Discuss with government and Health Canada, the current approach to Good Manufacturing Practices for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and atypical APIs, requirements for veterinary drugs and human drugs, and the regulatory requirements to veterinary drug compounding by Health Canada.
- Health Canada - Proposed Environmental Assessment Regulation for veterinary drugs
- Veterinary Drug Regulation went to Canada Gazette II May 17th, 2017. The regulation involves controls over Own Use Importation and importation and use of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, mandatory reporting of sales of medically important antimicrobials by species by manufacturers and other importers, as well as, implementation of a Veterinary Health Program inclusive of both companion and food animal products. CAHI will work with Health Canada's Veterinary Drugs Directorate during the transition period.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Office of the Secretary to the Governor General (OSGG)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Senate of Canada
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
160 Research Lane, Suite 102
Guelph, ON N1G 5B2
Catherine Filejski, President
Parent Company Information
Canadian Animal Health Institute / Institut canadien de la santé animale is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Animal Health Institute / Institut canadien de la santé animale is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Animal Health Institute / Institut canadien de la santé animale are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Animal Health Institute / Institut canadien de la santé animale does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
50 O'Connor Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2
Consultant Firm and Address
HILL + KNOWLTON STRATEGIES
50 O'Connor Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2