- Child Services
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Federal-Provincial Relations
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Coordinate meetings related to Budget 2023 and policies, programs and financial benefits which may impact Easter Seals.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program
- Discuss and organize meetings related to healthcare and the federal - provincial healthcare agreement likely to happen in early 2023.
- Discuss housing policy pertinent for individuals with disabilities in Canada.
- Discuss private members statement, M-78/Inclusion of people with disabilities; coordinate relevant meetings and offer Easter Seals support.
- Discuss public safety related to person with disabilities living in Canada particularly as it relates to cities, transport and housing.
- Discuss transportation policy and initiatives related to persons with disabilities in Canada.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Coordinate meetings with the Canadian Ambassador to America, Kristin Hillman, for the CEO of Easter Seals Canada to discuss matters of Canada -US interest related to disability and inclusion.
- To advance discussions on the core advocacy pillars of Easter Seals in Canada: housing, transport, employment and accessibility.
Policies or Program
- Coordinate discussions on economic policy related to impacts on persons with disabilities
- Coordinate meetings for Easter Seals Canada representatives during 2022 the 100th anniversary celebratory year of Easter Seals; Share information and engage policy makers on topics related to inclusion in Canada.
- Discuss policies related to employment pertaining to youth and adults living with disabilitites
- Lead advocacy efforts on conversations related to the timely implementation of the Canada Disability Benefit (Bill C-22) Act
- Lead discussions and meetings related to the supply chain, constraints and how it impacts Canadians living with a disability.
- Lead discussions pertaining to safety and federal policy that may impact individuals with disabilities
- To discuss autism awareness as it relates to Autism Awareness Month and related policies and legislation.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Canada Post Corporation (CPC)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC)
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHRC)
Economic Development and Official Languages
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Office of the Federal Housing Advocate
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Rural Economic Development (Minister’s Office)
Senate of Canada
Service Canada (ServCan)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
Women and Gender Equality (WAGE)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
40 Holly Street, Suite 401
Toronto, ON M4S 3C3
David Starrett, Chief Executive Officer
Parent Company Information
Easter Seals Canada is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Easter Seals Canada is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Easter Seals Canada are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Easter Seals Canada does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
33-C Shaw Street
St. John's, NL A1E 2W7
Consultant Firm and Address
14 International Place
St. John's, NL A1A 5A1