Registration - In-house Organization
NAV CANADA / Neil Wilson, PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Version 55 of 72 (2016-04-26 to 2016-05-27)
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Discussion with Environment Canada regarding the procurement of weather radars and associated services.
- Discussions with Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Development (DFATD) regarding the support for international technology sales.
- Discussions with Department of National Defence and Transport Canada concerning the procurement of ANS systems.
- Promotion of NAV Centre facilities with different government departments and agencies for procurement of meeting space.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Airline Passenger Bill of Rights in respect to set fines for breech of service standards.
- Amendments to the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Act in respect of treatment of pensions in bankruptcy.
- Canadian Air Navigation Services Commercialization Act with respect to the governance of NAV CANADA.
- Discussions with Canada Labour Relations Board regarding the Canada Labour Code concerning standard hours, wages, vacation and holidays.
- Discussions with Transport Canada concerning regulations and policies relating to air navigation levels of service with the Aeronautics Acts.
- Discussions with Transport Canada on air transportation safety and security in respect with the Aeronautics Act and ICAO related matters.
- Pension Benefits Standard Act in respect of defined benefit pension plan solvency funding rules.
Policies or Program
- Discussions with Department of National Defence regarding coordination between civil and military airspace.
- Discussions with Environment Canada concerning the aviation weather services contract currently in place.
- Discussions with Industry Canada concerning spectrum management policies and protection of the aeronautical spectrum being proposed to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Canada Labour Relations Board (CLRB)
- Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Justice Canada (JC)
- National Defence (DND)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages (OCOL)
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC)
- Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada (OSFI)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Revenue Canada (RC)
- Senate of Canada
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
NAV CANADA was incorporated on May 26, 1995 as a not-for-profit corporation under the Canada Corporations Act and was continued under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act on January 17, 2013. The objectives of the company are to acquire, own, manage, operate and develop the Canadian air navigation system and services in and over Canada and in such international airspace the responsibility for which has been delegated to Canada pursuant to international agreement. Under the Civil Air Navigation Services Commercialization Act, the company has been granted the exclusive right and obligation to provide civil air traffic control, civil aeronautical information and specified flight information.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Neil Wilson, PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Organization's membership or classes of membershipThere are five classes of membership: members have the authority to elect directors and to vote on such things as changes to the by-laws, articles, etc. Members are one government member elected by the Minister of Transport, one union member elected the Union Association, two user members elected, one each by the Commercial User Association and the Non-Commercial Association, and the Director member elected by the Board of Directors. Currently there are 169 associates (individuals and companies with an interest in air navigation). Associates can only vote for members of the Advisory Committee, of which there are currently 20 members. The Board of Directors consists of 15 directors. The government can elect 3 directors, the union 2, the commercial user asociation 4, the non-commercial users 1. The board appoints 4 directors and the President of the corporation is automatically appointed as a director.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
77 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5L6
Fax number: 613-563-3411
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Brian Aitken, Executive Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer | No public offices held
- Tracy Beeman, Director, Customer and Commercial Services | No public offices held
- Michelle Bishop, Director, Government & Public Affairs | Public offices held
- Raymond Bohn, Senior Vice President, Human Resources | Public offices held
- Garry Brown, Director, International Training Programs and Delivery | Public offices held
- Elizabeth Cameron, Vice President, Labour Relations | No public offices held
- Andrew Campbell, Vice President, Customer and Commercial Services | No public offices held
- Andre Charron, National Manager Corporate Security & Emergency Planning | Public offices held
- Jeffrey Cochrane, Director, Navigation and Airspace Operations | Public offices held
- Kim Coe-Turner, General Manager | Public offices held
- Rob Cook, Director, Business Development | Public offices held
- Greg Dansereau, Manager, ACC Operations Vancouver | No public offices held
- George Donovan, Assistant General Counsel | No public offices held
- Gerry Drisdelle, Director, Technical Operations Revenue Services | Public offices held
- Eric Dupuis, Manager, Aviation Weather Services and Flight Service Operational Support | Public offices held
- Jeffrey Edison, Manager of Operations, Gander ACC | Public offices held
- James Ferrier, Manager, Aeronautical Information Management | Public offices held
- Robert Fiege, Manager, ACC Operations Edmonton | Public offices held
- Claude Fortier, Manager, ATS Standards and Procedures | Public offices held
- Ben Girard, Assistant Vice President, Operational Support | Public offices held
- Mark Godin, Assistant Vice President, Construction and Facilities Services | No public offices held
- Anouk Guillaume, National Manager, Environmental & OSH Compliance | No public offices held
- Heather Henderson, Director, Corporate Safety and Quality Oversight | Public offices held
- Milivoje Jevtovic, Manager, Radio LCS and Spectrum Services | No public offices held
- Trevor Johnson, Assistant Vice President, Service Delivery | Public offices held
- Rudy Kellar, Executive Vice President, Service Delivery | No public offices held
- Diana Kelly, Manager, ACC Operations Winnipeg | No public offices held
- Terry Kiefl, Assistant Vice President, Contracting, Logistics & Fleet | Public offices held
- Larry Lachance, Vice President, Safety and Quality | Public offices held
- Charles Lapointe, Vice President, Technical Operations | Public offices held
- Ann Lindeis, Director Safety Management and Human Factors | Public offices held
- Anthony MacKay, Director, Flight Operations | No public offices held
- Margaret Martin, Director, Operational Training | Public offices held
- Dave Mastel, General Manager, Edmonton Flight Information Region | Public offices held
- Lyne Moreau, Manager, Montréal ACC Operations | Public offices held
- John Morris, Director, Communications, Public Affairs and Translation Services | No public offices held
- Paul Moulton, Manager, ACC Operations, Toronto | Public offices held
- Greg Myles, Director, Operational Safety and Analysis | Public offices held
- Wayne Nyman, General Manager, Moncton FIR | Public offices held
- Andrew Penney, General Manager, Winnipeg FIR | Public offices held
- John Reid, General Manager, Vancouver FIR | Public offices held
- David Rose, National Manager, Operational Systems Training | No public offices held
- Claudio Silvestri, Vice President and Chief Information Officer | No public offices held
- Fred Spence, Manager, ANS Plans | No public offices held
- Robert Thurgur, Vice President, Operations | No public offices held
- Kim Troutman, Vice President, Engineering | Public offices held
- John Urban, General Manager, Toronto FIR | Public offices held
- Bax Vokey, Manager, ACC Operations, MACCO | Public offices held
- Karen Walker, Director, Operational Analysis | Public offices held
- Neil Wilson, President & CEO | No public offices held