Registration - In-house Organization
CANADA'S VENTURE CAPITAL AND PRIVATE EQUITY ASSOCIATION / Kim Furlong, CEO
Total Number of Communication Reports: 37
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 12 of 12 (2019-09-17 to present)
- Financial Institutions
- Government Procurement
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Plan is a new program in pilot phase. The CVCA is providing advice on the implementation.
- Start Up Visa Program is in pilot form under the auspices of the CIC. CVCA is a designated entity through which firms can apply to participate in the program. CVCA speaks with CIC on regular basis to ensure the program is coming along as planned and possibly on ways to improve it going forward.
- Venture Capital Action Plan/ Venture Capital Catalyst Initiative is still rolling out and the CVCA is helping encourage the flow of funds.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Senate of Canada
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
CVCA IS ENGAGED IN: ADVOCATING PUBLIC POLICY MEASURES IN FAVOR OF A VIBRANT VENTURE CAPITAL AND PRIVATE EQUITY INDUSTRY;PROMOTING THE DEPLOYMENT OF VENTURE CAPITAL AND PRIVATE EQUITY TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED GROWTH BUSINESSES IN CANADA;PROVIDING FORUMS FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT,INFORMATION EXCHANGE AND NETWORKING AMONG AMONGST ITS MEMBERS.SPECIFICALLY, THE CVCA CARRIES OUT THIS MANDATE BY HOLDING CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS, COLLECTING INDUSTRY-SPECIFIC DATA AND SPONSORING RESEARCH AND EDUCATION.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Kim Furlong, CEO
Organization's membership or classes of membershipCVCA REPRESENTS THE VENTURE CAPITAL AND PRIVATE EQUITY COMMUNITY IN CANADA, INCLUDING THOSE INVOLVED DIRECTLY IN FUNDRAISING AND INVESTING AND THOSE WHO SUPPORT THE INDUSTRY THROUGH ADVISORY OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
372 Bay St, Suite 1201
TORONTO, ON M5H 2W9
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Kim Furlong, CEO | Public offices held