- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Development
- International Relations
- International Trade
- National Security/Security
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- CAREER AND TECHNICAL TRAINING: CCA supports investing in career programs and technical training programs to expand the existing workforce.
CCA also supports investing in programs that promote the industry as an employer of choice to under-represented groups such as women, indigenous peoples, and new Canadians
- INNOVATION FRAMEWORK: CCA supports the establishment of an innovation framework for the construction industry. The goal of this would be to increase productivity in the sector by investing in industry-specific innovative technologies.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Proposed changes to the tax treatment of privately held small businesses with respect to passive income policy changes and income sprinkling.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- CAPITAL COST ALLOWANCE: CCA supports depreciation rate parity between fixed machinery and equipment and mobile machinery and equipment.
- ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT: CCA supports reforms to current environmental assessment legislation that eliminate federal-provincial/territorial duplication while safeguarding the environment and providing timely and efficient project reviews.
- FEDERAL FAIR WAGES: CCA opposes the reintroduction of federal fair wage scales.
- FISHERIES ACT: CCA opposes reforms that do not provide any appreciable increase in fish habitat or environmental protection and increase the time required to obtain federal permits.
- IMMIGRATION POLICY: CCA supports reforms to immigration policy that will expedite the transition for Temporary Foreign Workers in Canada to permanent residency, regardless of NOC classification.
- NAVIGATION PROTECTION ACT: CCA opposes reforms that would relist all waterways across Canada, regardless of their navigability.
- PROMPT PAYMENT: CCA supports reforms to federal payment procedures in order to expedite payment throughout the construction pyramid.
- TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKER PROGRAM: CCA supports the federal TFW program.
Policies or Program
- APPRENTICESHIP PROMOTION MEASURES: CCA opposes the use of federal apprenticeship promotion measures on federal infrastructure projects as their introduction could discourage construction SMEs from bidding on federal work.
- EI PROGRAMS: CCA supports reforms to EI funded employment training programs that will make them more responsive to the needs of employers and more focused on filling existing and future gaps in Canada’s labour force.
- GOODS AND SERVICES TAX: CCA supports excluding anti-idling devices from the Goods and Services Tax ("GST". CCA also supports applying the Federal carbon tax prioror to the application of the GST.
- GREEN REBATES: CCA supports establishing rebates and tax credits for construction companies that adopt green technologies
- INFRASTRUCTURE POLICY: CCA supports efficient, transparent and timely approvals for projects funded under the Federal Building Canada Plan.
CCA also supports the creation of a 25-year infrastructure funding plan to establish long term predictability, consistency and reduce Canada's infrastructure deficit
Policies or Program, Regulation
- EI EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTION RATES: CCA supports parity between employer and employee contributions.
- INDUSTRIAL SECURITY CLEARANCES: CCA supports the centralization of industrial security clearance procedures and portability of contractor clearances across all government departments.
- TRANS MOUNTAIN PIPELINE: CCA supports removing regulatory barriers to the construction of the Trans Mountain Pipeline
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Bank of Canada
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Defence Construction Canada (DCC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Export Development Canada (EDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
National Defence (DND)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Senate of Canada
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Not-for-profit, voluntary association representing the national and international interests of the non-residential construction industry in Canada.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Mary Van Buren,
Organization's membership or classes of membership
CCA has three classes of membership: integrated membership, corporate membership and affiliate membership.
Integrated members acquire membership by joining a local or provincial non-residential construction partner association. Corporate and affiliate members apply directly to the organization for membership.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
1900-275 Slater Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5H9
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Liam Daly,
Manager, Public Affairs |
No public offices held
- Rodrigue Gilbert,
Vice President, Public Affairs |
No public offices held
- Mary Van Buren,
No public offices held