Registration - In-house Organization
REAL PROPERTY ASSOCIATION OF CANADA (REALPAC) / S. MICHAEL BROOKS, Chief Executive Officer
Total Number of Communication Reports: 80
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 24 of 28 (2016-04-14 to 2016-09-27)
- Consumer Issues
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- Government Procurement
- International Relations
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- We are working with Public Works & Government Services Canada on changes to their Lessor's Conduct and Certifications and Offeror's Conduct and Certifications documents with respect to amendments of the legislative language contained in these documents, without changing the intent of the clauses.
Policies or Program
- Advocacy for integration of Green Button 'Download my Data' and 'Connect my Data' applications with NRCan's Energy Star Portfolio Manager program.
- Advocating for amendments and updates to federal tax laws regarding like-kind exchanges of commercial real estate.
- Advocating for policy inclusions within annual budgets that improve the national commercial real estate markets. These include infrastructure enhancements, tax fairness, and energy efficiency grants.
- Advocating for policy proposals within Canada's Sustainable Development Strategy which would improve building energy efficiency.
- We are working with Environment Canada to develop a best practice program for mitigating the impact of commercial office buildings on migratory birds.
- Working with Natural Resources Canada and Finance Canada to create a robust Sustainable Development Strategy for Commercial Real Estate in Canada
- Working with CMHC on issues we've identified in regards to multi-family underwriting issues.
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- In-person meetings
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Competition Tribunal (CT)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- House of Commons
- Members of the House of Commons
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Revenue Canada (RC)
- Senate of Canada
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
THE REAL PROPERTY ASSOCIATION OF CANADA IS AN IMPORTANT VOICE FOR THE CANADIAN REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT INDUSTRY. IT SERVES AS A FORUM FOR THE DISCUSSION OF PRINCIPAL ISSUES AFFECTING THIS MAJOR INDUSTRY AND AS A VEHICLE FOR THE PRESENTATION OF ITS VIEWS TO THE PUBLIC AND TO GOVERNMENTS. ITS MEMBER FIRMS INCLUDE MOST OF CANADA'S LARGE REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT & DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES AND REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUSTS (REITS) WHOSE SHARES ARE PUBLICLY TRADED ON RECOGNIZED SECURITIES MARKETS, PLUS REAL ESTATE SUBSIDIARIES OF PUBLIC COMPANIES, LARGE PRIVATELY OWNED REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES, TRUST COMPANIES, LIFE INSURANCE ENTERPRISES, PENSION FUNDS & BANKS.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
S. MICHAEL BROOKS, Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membershipTHREE MEMBER CLASSES: 1. GENERAL: PUBLICLY TRADED COMPANIES, PRIVATE COMPANIES, BANKS, LIFE INSURANCE COMPANIES, PENSION FUNDS, OR REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUSTS. 2. AFFILIATE: PUBLICLY TRADED COMPANIES, BANKS, OR LIFE INSURANCE COMPANIES THAT ARE NOT PRIMARILY REAL ESTATE DEVELOPERS, BUT WHO OWN SUBSTANTIAL REAL ESTATE. 3. SUPPORTING: NATIONAL INVESTMENT DEALERS OR NATIONAL REAL ESTATE BROKERAGES.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
77 King Street West
TD Tower North
TORONTO, ON M5K 1H1
Fax number: 416-642-2727
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Brooks Barnett, Manager, Government Relations & Policy | No public offices held
- Michael Brooks, Chief Executive Officer | No public offices held