Renseignements sur le lobbying
- Affaires autochtones
- Justice et application des lois
Détails sur l'objet
Politique ou Programme
- CAPG is carrying on discussions with Minister of Public Safety and others about Mental Health Strategy for the escalation of police response to mental health related calls and the impact it has on police resources and local government budgets.
- CAPG participates with department and ministry staff in discussions on First Nations Policing, including governance and funding.
- Economics of Policing. Canadian Association of Police Governance (CAPG) is liaising with Public Safety staff and continues ongoing discussions with Ministry staff on advancing the Shared Forward Agenda on the Economics of Policing. CAPG participates regularly on the Shared Forward Agenda Committee with the Assistant Deputy Minister Kathy Thompson.
- National Training for Police Governance Bodies- CAPG will be asking Public Safety Canada's advice on ensuring common standards across the country. Police Act legislation is either unclear, inconsistent, or non-existent regarding the training of police board/commission members. Where such training exists, it has been identified as insufficient, out-of-date, or
inaccessible. Police boards/commissions across Canada are often under-resourced, with accessible, cohesive, evidence based
training consistently being identified as a gap in addressing effective governance and oversight of municipal police services.
Techniques de communication
Appel au grand public
Cabinet du Premier ministre (CPM)
Commissariat à la protection de la vie privée du Canada (CPVP)
Gendarmerie royale du Canada (GRC)
Justice Canada (JC)
Relations Couronne-Autochtones et Affaires du Nord Canada (RCAANC)
Santé Canada (SC)
Sécurité publique Canada (SP)
Sénat du Canada
Service correctionnel du Canada (SCC)
Services aux Autochtones Canada (SAC)
Détails sur l'organisation
Description des activités de l'organisation
The Canadian Association of Police Governance is the national organization representing municipal police boards and commissions and works collaboratively and proactively with members and partners to enhance civilian governance of policing in Canada. As the strong, national voice and resource we provide access to learning through annual conference, monthly webinars, online training, Governance Summits and a searchable database.
Members receive weekly news, information bulletins, newsletters and comprehensive conference reports. The Association provides a means for the collection and sharing of information and the discussion of matters relating to community safety to render such services more efficient and cost effective, and more responsive to the community. The Association provides a forum for participation of all civilian governors of municipal policing services and agencies to promote and encourage greater co-operation to serve the interests of the public, to advance community safety, criminal justice and to promote common policies. The Association considers matters of national interest which affect policing services and community safety and to formulate policy positions and appropriate responses at the policy making level, from the perspective of civilian governors, for dissemination to governments and the public.
Nom et poste de l'agent responsable pendant la période de cet enregistrement
Membres ou types de membres de l'organisation.
The Canadian Association of Police Governance has one class of membership that includes both police and non-police board members. Membership is made up of municipal police boards and commissions, Royal Canadian Mounted Police local advisory or community consultative committees, First Nations Police Services and non-police boards including provincial and federal government branches responsible for policing, educational institutions delivering law enforcement curriculum or those that are interested in furthering the Association's purposes.
Aucun financement public n'a été reçu au cours du dernier exercice financier complet.
Coordonnées de l'organisation
78 George Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 5W1
Numéro de téléphone :
Numéro de fax :
Détails sur les lobbyistes
Lobbyistes employés par l'organisation
- Jennifer Malloy,
Executive Director |
Aucune charge publique occupée